Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Beijing Olympics

Best guess: What are the chances of something major going down at the Olympics?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Maybe the president of Iran is using the guys in blue when he does.
    Maybe, but when Maddass Hussein was in power, your didn't see the president of Iran anywhere near Iraq.
    Nothing like a good war to bring enemies together for a bar-b-que.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I doubt he'd last ten minutes walking around without the US provided security to protect his sorry arse.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    I doubt he'd last ten minutes walking around without the US provided security to protect his sorry arse.
    Is that why we see Bush doing the same thing?

Anyways, sporting events should be the target of politics, the boycotts of the past did ZERO to change anything.
    Just hurts the athletes for no reason.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

One could wager Bush would'nt last very long walking the streets in the USA without protection.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    One could wager Bush would'nt last very long walking the streets in the USA without protection.
    For a very good reason!
    A unique snowflake

Too many idiots out there.

Meanwhile Chicomm thugs get run of the streets.

DM

actually,

they are "specially" trained police.

the mission is to watch the torch 24/7 by shifts.

they have to run 40 to 50 kilometers each day along with torch carrying olympic athletes.

--

they had to take a bus in paris.

the "blue dudes" are no match for angry crowds/masses.

Last edited by SPJ; 04-08-2008 at 01:58 PM.

my brother was saying

the fire/torch was put out 4 times in Paris, it is meaningless, now,

the fire is supposed to be lit at Greece, stays lit till lighting up the torch in beijing

and stay lit till 2008 summer games are over.

then light up the torch of the next hosting country.

--

symbolism of carrying on the spirits of Olympic games.

--

this is the first in history that the fire was put out four times or if ever in the process of being carried thru participating countries.

--

I said. it is only a symbol.

the fire may be put out, we may light it up again.

or just use the rain and weather proof flashlight mimicking a flame.

but in all seriousness.

--

the torch carrying athletes some how become a prey or victim among the political wrestling or tug of war among the crowds.

--

which is--

Last edited by SPJ; 04-08-2008 at 06:52 PM.

I don't think the athletes are the target audience of the protestations about China. I think that everyone who has ever had any sort of a grudge at all with China for good reasons or not is simply going to use the opportunity to as often as possible raise the issue of choice.

And there are a few choices when it comes to picking something to protest about how China is run.

On the other side of the coin is support for change in China. I think we have seen a lot of chnage in China as a country in t last decade and we are seeing even more of it with China opening it's doors to the world as host of the olympics.

I'm sure that if the games were held in London there would be protests just as there would be protests if the games were held in the USA somewhere. You would have thousands lining the streets and burning effigies of Bush over the Iraq situation an dso on.

It's become a political circus and the media companies are writing the narrative for us and hoping that we get on the bus!

nonsense. Just let the people run their races and throw their hammers and javelins and move on. It is not gonna change the world.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

in 2007 i was training at epo wushu college in dengfeng (shaolin). i was woken up one morning by my coach and told to get my performance cloths on. turns out that the chairman of the olympics was at my school. i gave a performance for him and the press that was there.

he was a nice guy and he started talking to me. he asking me about myself and why i was training in china and also my opinion on wushu in the olympics. so we got chatting and i asked if wushu was going to be an event. he replied "no, but it will be a performance event." he then went on to hint that it might be a legitimate event in 2012 in london.

so who knows whats going on lol.
    its not the destination that is important it is the journey getting there

I just got back from the Torch run in S.F.

It was a beautiful day in the city. No city throws a protest like S.F.

I wish I could have stayed longer, but I needed to finish some stuff up here at the office.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

No city throws a protest like S.F.
    You havent' been in Paris have you? I was stuck there during some sort of municipal transit union dispute

But the entire Chinese Olympic thing is turning into a bit of a fiasco isn't it
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    You havent' been in Paris have you? I was stuck there during some sort of municipal transit union dispute

But the entire Chinese Olympic thing is turning into a bit of a fiasco isn't it
    It's still not as bad as Iraq. I think the solution is more troops in blue suits. If we send more troops, we can topple the resistence and bear the torch of freedom straight to the heart of the "hypothetical Baghdad". At the very least, we could send some money to them to put their grudges aside.

Hey, you don't think the economic stimulus checks had anything to do with this, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    At the opening of an envelope in china, there's a wushu demonstration. You can count on the opening ceremonies having it.

As a demonstration sport, me no think it gonna fly. Still no 100% for sure organization that is unified and so the IOC will not support it until everyone has their poop in a group.

And we know just how difficult it is to get a few kungfu teachers to sit in the same room with each other let alone be civil with their tongues and behaviours hahaha.
    It's like a freaking religion for petes sake. Better to have monks than clerics in my opinion as far as that goes.

I'd like to see pankration come back...even if it is just mma. lol that would totally roxors.

but there's already lots of martial arts in the olympics anyway.

judo, tkd, boxing, wrestling, fencing, archery and other pseudo martial arts.
    Do we really need performance wushu as an olympic sport? It's got it's own thing going on anyway. Let the money go to the more obscure sports like frilly whippy dancy tissue whips and somersaulting while throwing the ball. How else are those already rpiviledged kids going to make it through vasser without the olympic program?

....oh, i'm sorry, I'm not a bigsupporter of the olympics anymore ever since they brought in curling, I figure it's just a big sausage fest with tom boys.

I mean come on...Curling? WTF are they thinking???

i know
    wtf

scottish obscure sport practised by no one that lives outside of the arctic circle involving stoness and brooms

or world wide martial art practised by millions

makes no sense to me
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.