Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Hong Kong and Canton

friday,

you must be Dennis,.....Am I right?
    then your country should be Australia which I've not been visiting for more then 4 years .
    I am married now but I wasn't that time
    I visited many times Hk and still I do,... might even move there soon
    but C******** is not my Sifu he is my Sigong

If you are Dennis,......how's your knee now? Why have you disappeard all of a sudden ?????? R u still in touch with my Sigong?????

Ciao

Thumbs up In Hong Kong

Hey everyone! Just arrived in Hong Kong, met up with some friends here. Will be going to the Lau Family Kung-Fu School with Mark Houghton and Lau Ga Yung to spend the day. Fill eveyone in on details when I get back to hotel. So far, HK looks a bit like NYC. Going for Dim Sum now and a little shopping before lunch.

Later!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Hey Mike,
    There's a mall there and one of my students picked up a jacket for me, that you would probably like. It looks like a Chinese jacket,Manderin collar,frog buttons, but it's made out of black leather-it looks amazing. Troble is, my Si-Hing has the same one, so if we all show up wearing it, we'll look like a bunch of faegellas ! LOL! Bring home some snake ***** wine!

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu
    Hey everyone, I will be going to hong kong, canton (toi san & fut san) at the end of the month for about 10 days.

I wanted to know if anyone has the addresses of some good schools to visit while I'm there.

I have contacts already, but it's always good to have additional info.

I'm interested in visiting CLF schools, Bok Hok/Lama/Hop Ga, along with Bok Mei, and I'm looking for the address of the Dai Sing Pek Gwa school that I've heard mentioned on the site before.

I do speak cantonese, but I've never been there before. Any advice from seasoned travellers would also be most appreciated.

Best of luck....

Michael, if you will be in Foshan I might be able to talk Sifu into meeting with you and discuss Futshan Bak Mei. Since I do not know you or your character not sure what his feelings would be but if you want I can check with him. I will be there at the end of January for about a month. Let me know.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com
    www.komudokwan.com/escrima.html

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!
    www.komudokwan.com/FutshanBakmeiPai.htm

Hi,

Go to the Ancestors temple in Foshan, its a bit tourist orientated but they have lion dancing and kung fu demos. The most wushu orientated Tiger and Crane for I have ever seen in the officual demo team but sometimes a Choy Li fut school demo forms and they seem ok.

Also Yip Man Tong and Wong Fei Hung Museum oin there...many locals hang about.

Oh get down to the Jing Mo Kwoon in the park sometime you will see lung Ying Pai and always plenty of tai chi and othe rbits and bobs going on. In the mornings the park is full and try and meet with my tai chi sigung Ou Rong Ji. He has a group doing Tai Chi and Water Boxing but he has also done, Eagle, Mantis etc within the Jing Mo.

Happy travelling
    Paul

sifu i hope this helps link is http://www.ck-kungfu.com by the way can you post if you visited that tai shing pek kwar school? i hope u get this link in time b4 u go to canton