Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Iron Crotch of GM Tu Jin-Sheng

Son of the Iron Crotch

GM Tu's son, Jack Tu, is currently competing in K-STAR in China. Here's the online voting site for K-STAR. We ran an article on Jack in our 2005 November/December issue - Is Wushu a Dying Art? - Champion Jack Tu Speaks Out By John Brown.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Jack is still in the game!

We had heard that Jack was eliminated earlier but we just got a call from Mrs. Tu. K-STAR has left Shaolin and is travelling about the country. Out of Shaolin, 4 Mainland Chinese and 5 foreigners qualified for the final 9 (including our own D. Y. Sao and Philip Sahugin). Jack didn't make that cut.

But Jack was re-qualified in a xiu chou contest. Ok this is going to take some explaining. Xiu chou literally means 'embroidered ball.' It's the name of that big red ribbon used in weddings (it's also the name of the ball that is used to tease lions in lion dance). There a ritual that's very parallel to the bride tossing the bouquet (or the garter), but in Chinese marriages, it's this xiu chou. For the show, they gathered up a bevy of miao girls to toss xiu chou to the competitors (this was after Shaolin) and Jack received the most, so he's back in.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

?????

why is the mag so obsessed with iron crotch ?
    its one of the few things i hate about the mag
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    why is the mag so obsessed with iron crotch ?
    its one of the few things i hate about the mag
    Why do you hate it?

Well, I for one support the mag. I for one bought the DVD. I say they are doing a good job, so

Well, I for one support the mag. I say they are doing a good job, so

fair question, golden arhat

The simple answer is that iron crotch works for us. The bottom line is that we have to sell issues to keep the magazine going and iron crotch sells. I get more publicity out of my iron crotch research than any other of my pursuits. Just take a look at this thread. No morning DJs have ever asked me to talk about Shaolin, or Kung Fu, or Tai Chi, or anything, except for iron crotch. Additionally, MartialArtsMart.com is the primary distributor for Gm Tu's Iron Crotch gear, and while it's not as profitable as TKD, nunchuks and ninjas, it does generate more substantial income, and ever little bit counts. So, just like if you're front kick is solid, for us, iron crotch is solid. We always hit with it.

The more complex answer is that GM Tu is extraordinary. Like I've said a thousand times, every fixates on the crotch, but once you get past that, there's so much more. Pretty much every master that reads and speaks Chinese and have interacted with GM Tu here respect him. They respect his skills, his research, and especially his painting and calligraphy. More than a few have asked for private lessons - and mind you, I'm not talking our customers that just walk off the street looking to buy a staff. I'm talking some high level masters. Bottom line - GM Tu has it going on.

You'll have to check out our upcoming NOV DEC 2006 because I have an article featuring GM Tu that has nothing to do with iron crotch. It's all about how to make and use stone locks.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

hmmmm

that poses a bigger question .......why is everyone obsessed or interesrted in their crotch to me an article on shaolin would be far more interesting
    maybe its that people like the idea of doing amazing feats with their crotch the very symbol of manlness maybe wht ppl are really interested in is showing off about how manly they are to others or proving it to themselves i mean u dont have to do train by pulling a truck with ur shaft to withstand a kick to the groin which is surely wht i would want from a martial art like that

i could be wrong

but i do agree with u GM tu has got skills
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

That's an easy one

Sex sells. Plus it's a remarkable skill. We've all been kicked in the junk before so we know how vulnerable that region is. Imagine the skill to make it invulnerable. There's an amazing possibility of martial practice. For the record, and many martial artists make this mistake, GM Tu doesn't not practice iron crotch as a method of self defense. It takes him a moment to bring his qi up so it has no use in real combat, and being a former sparring champ, GM Tu is fully aware of this. Iron crotch is a qigong practice. You do it to increase your vitality and that, in turn, feeds into your overall power as a fighter.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Vote for Jack

Jack's still in the game. So's Phillip and D.Y.

Vote here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Jack got sick

Sounded like exhaustion, or maybe stress and dehydration. Not sure how the others are doing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The final

First and third went to Chinese. Second was an American. Some are saying he's just the token foreigner, but we should still be proud. Way to go Philip!
    1. Gu Shenwei
    2. Philip Sahugin
    3. Xue Shangtao

D.Y. got a special award for 'most potential'.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    For the record, and many martial artists make this mistake, GM Tu doesn't not practice iron crotch as a method of self defense. It takes him a moment to bring his qi up so it has no use in real combat, and being a former sparring champ, GM Tu is fully aware of this. Iron crotch is a qigong practice. You do it to increase your vitality and that, in turn, feeds into your overall power as a fighter.
    So what of the old Shaw Bros. kick to the junk gets your foot stuck technique?

Oh man, that sounds like a song. "Kick to the junk gets your foot stuck".

You just need to add a beat, The Xia

I've kicked GM Tu in the junk.
    My foot did not get stuck.
    His crotch does not suck.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Talking

I see music video possibilities. We'd definately shake up MTV!