Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung FU and Hip Hop

Blog Entries

Kung FU and Hip Hop

for you hip hop and DJ fans like our our boy the OG joe Keit i posted up a picture of 3 legends in their own time. I myself am from a DJ group called SECOND TO NONE and we were always performing.

Now im sure there are alot of people who like the beastie boys and know that their new DJ is Mix Master Mike. another one of my friends is DJ Q-bert, and DJ Appollo who used to dj Buckshot LaFonk? (spelling). this pictue is of a group back in the days called the Shadow. the members were Mix Master Mike, Q-bert and DJ Appollo. see photo.

i know this is left field, don't expect much response but i know there are some Q-Bert fans out there

hsk

you're in oakland yeah?

are you spinning records anywere? It's been a looong time since I've been out and about. Used to hang at the OASIS off of Broadway, threw a couple of Jams there a while back as well.

I'm terrible on the turntables myself, But I like a good show.

Blog Entries

where is my kung fu and hip hop thread?

where is it, and why was it taken moved or take off?

if you think that kung fu and hip hop are not a good mix "YOU ARE OFF YOUR ROCKER!!!!"

with all the negative shet going on here, what was wrong with posting something that is connected to martial arts, hip hop!!!!!

i didn't think it would go far, but oh well. some people.

yes its me the hsk mutha effer!!!!!!!

Sorry Frank. . . . not a hip hop man myself.

I prefer the normall Nordic or Industrial Death Metal, Gothic Industrial, Hard Techno, Psychedelic Trance, Breakbeats, Drum n Bass, Hardstyle Electronica overall.

Also stuff like Tool, System of a Down, etc.

Blog Entries
    design sifu, no my group has put it down after almost 20 years in the dj thing. most of my friends are into bikes now.

however i still like the competitions and showcases and such and would love to go club hopping. its been a while too.

Blog Entries
    no im in frisco, but am always on the oakland side.

Blog Entries
    I got moved, probably to the martial arts media forum.

Sorry.

I said a hip hop hip hip hoppity hop and you don't stop a rockn, said the bang bang boogy said up chuck the boogy said the rhythm to the boogy that be.....

Blog Entries
    damm, i just went right by it didn't i?

thanks folks.

anyways, has anyone here heard of q-bert and mix master mike. i guess we should answer that in the place my thread was put.

sorry to who moved it, i didn't think about putting it there. sorry

Blog Entries
    I HEARD THAT you old schooler b boy you fu pow.

AND YA DON'T STOP!!!!!errrrAAHHH!!!

didn't Q-bert make a mix CD that accompanied a Hip Hop Children's book a while back?

I don't know if it was the same Q-bert of not but there was a guest DJ at a club here in nashville a few months ago with the same name who was pretty hot on the turntables.

some favorites...

....have you forgoten, i'll tap your jaw, I also kick like kung fu flicks by rur run shaw..

....displace joints like shaolin chin'na...furius roundhoused casuses bones to splinter, protect your face mid section and neck, we wrek..blah blah blah...

by jeru the damaja

...as i slip to the floor for the grapple, crack your collar bone,then i crush your adams apple.... by afu ra

any wu tang stuff is laced with it...

fu schnickens were psedo kung fu

greg nice said in paranoia......"on my to shaolin ill puff a blunt with a monk..."

or my personal take on it....

check one two, get run through, if a devil then its settled you'll surcome to, real life gung fu, steel mics stung you, check one two.....
    Bryan Davis

I still have an old Q-bert mix tape, and a Mix Master Mike CD. At the time, at least the Q-bert tape, I thought was really cuttin edge, beat jugglin was just starting really. But now, the things kids can do is silly, Short Cut, Mysterio, Craze, Dough Boy, all of em (especially Mysterio) are sick, and to me, they hold the beat better while still doing junk that just makes you scratch your head when you see it.

Blog Entries
    yeah i know short cut as well as yoga frog who was actually in my DJ group until he merged with the invisible scratch pickles.

I'll tell you a story, one day my dj group as well as other local groups were involved in this record release thingie, and i had to take a dump. so while i was there in the bathroom, in comes q-bert and knocks on my bathroom door. he is like, frank, frank open the door. i'm like i'm taking a dump dude!! "So what" he says, and pushes the door open and then had the nerve to say ****, man your shet stinks. however, he was bugging me becuase he needed a quarter.

Do any of you know that q-bert was basically banned from competition because no one could beat him. so they made him a judge instead. but then he went on to make his own mixer and bought a house out in hawaii.

q-bert and i were on canes at the same time. while i fell 50 feet and was paralyzed, his mother's car was being stolen and q-bert held onto the car which dragged him for a minute and he was injured pretty bad and had to use a cane.

but if any of you missed out on q-bert you need to check out his stuff.

Cool Actually

Qbert and the likes are kinda old. You'll want to check out DJs like 7L, RJD2 and other similar DJs at http://www.boom-bap.com as that is the source for the hottest new underground ****. Regards!
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.