Thread: Tai Chi in American Football

Tai Chi in American Football

I was reading a post about how a taichi guy working as security for a concert event used "push hands" to push back a bunch of people. After reading that, i was wondering... How effective do you think Tai Chi would be in american football? I meen, if one guy could push down, or back a number of linemen, that would be significant. Any feedback would be appreciated

It's not tai chi, but it is martial arts

The 49ers, back when they were a respectable team, used to have George Chung on staff as a trainer and martial arts coach. Chung was quite a sensation on the national circuit in the early 80's. He was connected to Cynthia Rothrock and Ernie Reyes. He had some odd business ventures later with Joe Montana and Ronnie Lott - probably the most stand-out one was a martial arts kid show called Kanga Roddy. It also starred the recently passed Pat Morita, Mrs. Montana and Mrs. Lott. Search the web and you'll find out more about it. Anthony Chan, one of the pioneers of importing wushu to the US, was also involved.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Mike Reid attributes a great deal of his former pro-football success to his martial arts training and specifically to tai chi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Looks like a lot of what offesive linemen do is Taijiquan based or Sumo Wrestling...which to me are both simular....

tai chi and sumo similar?

Except for the fact that tai chi is played by old ****s and sumo is played by fat asses. OK, ok, just kidding. Come on, now, have a sense of humor, will ya?

Football teams should definately get professional sumo coaches. Maybe they could even wear those sumo diapers. Kidding! Kidding again. Ok, I better stop now.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Ooh Sumo

Being a professional Fat F##K with hot Japanese chick digging it ….oh how nice!

Getting to stuff one’s face until it hurts to breath…nice again…

Freeballing with a diaper on in front of millions of adoring fans while playing grab azz with another sweaty near naked man……priceless

Hey sounds like another great reality show!!!!!!!!…..ohhhh wait a second! …we all ready have that!

“it’s the UFC II on spike TV”

..................... Did I say that

Didn't John Painter work with the Dallas Cowboys for one or two seasons of bagua training?
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM