Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Grandpa can kick kick your Grandpa's Butt

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

My Grandpa can kick kick your Grandpa's Butt

or, at least he could when he was alive.

He died last summer...73 and had been battling Alzheimer's for 5 years. He had a good long run and had done his thing. An airplane mechanic in WWII, he worked on Doolittle's B-25 after it came back. Married, widowed, married again. A good life, I think.

anyway, had to return home for another death in the family recently and as usual we had a good old Irish wake and lots of stories were told and retold as a couple of gallons of Bushmills and Jameson's were consumed.

I heard one about my grandfather that is too good not to pass on.

A little background first:

We lived with my grandparents when I was 5-8. Every Sunday morning we would all get up and do our thing and go to church. I remember every time I had to go in to the bathroom after my grandfather there would be a terrible stench. The obvious reason comes to mind and to this day I've always thought it was that.

No so.

My grandfather was a pretty hairy guy. In fact, his first name was Harry.

My uncle told this story that the old man used to take lighter fuel and rub it on his chest and back and then take his Zippo and burn the hair off of his chest and back.

That's pretty effing hard.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

My Granddads name was Harry too.

He would kick ass.

Condolences about your Gramps.

Mine's dead now too, well both of em have been since the seventies.

But he'd still kick ass.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ok, but you need to at least give one story to back that claim up.

mine set himself on fire once a week. yours?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

!

My grandpa kicked ass, he once drowned a main in a toilet over seas when he was in WWII. Nothing says kick ass like murder.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

LOL. Ok, that might have my burning grampa owned.

What's wierd is that ever since I heard the story I've had an overwhelming urge to try it......

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    LOL. Ok, that might have my burning grampa owned.

What's wierd is that ever since I heard the story I've had an overwhelming urge to try it......

That's no lie either... I guess it was in a bar or something over there, details are blurry. Ahhhh drunken stories told to a child, makes me yurn for my youth.

As for the hair deal that is pretty harsh, maybe it isn't that bad though. I think you should try it... Just make sure you video tape it and post the results here though....
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

my girlfriends already volunteered to hold the camera.

she says she loves me but sometimes I wonder....

!

Yesssssssss.......... keep us posted.

Well it just so happens that I have a friend that looked into this kind of hair removal method.. See the before and after pics...

great...now I'm blind AND ugly. thanks.

You don't need the lighter fluid. My brother used to burn the hair off his hands and wrists so he could tape them up for football practice. He would run the lighter quickly over his skin and the hair would singe down completely before the flame would burn his skin. He said it lasted longer than shaving.

And my grandpa's liver probably weighed more than both your grandpa's combined.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

My grandpa probably couldnt kick anyoness ass when he was alive but he sure could nail it The guy used to have young girlfriends until the day he died at like 70+.

And my grandpa's liver probably weighed more than both your grandpa's combined

nope, my family's livers will give anyone's a run for the money.

as a couple of gallons of Bushmills and Jameson's were consumed.

Unhappy Hi Oso,

Sorry to hear your lost of another family member. Well, I have not met both my Grandpas and my grandma from my mom's side. My Dad's mom was a very fierce lady. Small in statue but never get her upset. I am lefty and would use my left for grabbing pens and chopsticks. She would hit or rather knock my left hand with whatever object that happened to be in her hand whenever she saw me using it. That's how I learn to use my right hand for written and eating. To this day, I have not dare to return to use my left. So that's the long last memory of her I suppose ...

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

thanks. this wasn't meant to be a thread about folks dying but...my grandfather was the last of that generation and the recent death was the first of the generation just above mine...and I'm the oldest of my generation

starting to see that the end of the road taint as far away as it used to be.

time to stop all the scrappin and do more qigong.

I wonder is he flyin'
    back at me 'cause he's mad 'cause I ripped his head off, or is he flyin'
    at me 'cause I'm holdin' his head in my hand, or is he flyin' at me 'cause
    he can't see where he's goin'?'

!

"I wonder is he flyin'
    back at me 'cause he's mad 'cause I ripped his head off, or is he flyin'
    at me 'cause I'm holdin' his head in my hand, or is he flyin' at me 'cause
    he can't see where he's goin'?' "

Yessss mike is the man... I almost went out to the waking the dead concert in LA.... But money is tight, I stopped into the venice tattoo shop while I was out there last time and they had me almost talked into heading back out for that show... Wish I would have, I haven't seen ST in years.