Thread: Unusual Standing Post

Hybrid View

WFH,

When i 1st started Jaam Jong it was like that with my legs shoulder width but that isnt like that anymore, but now my feet are together its completely different.

Does anyone use front bow and arrow stance at all?

FT

Hi FT,

Zhanzhuang with feet together is fairly common practice in Hebei and Shaanxi methods. The key is to note that the subtle shift must be stabilised which would then improve all else. We practice standing upright and Dun (squatted) which is lowering as far as possible, thereafter various methods are practiced which contribute to Yang Dantien (Nourish Dantien). typically hands sit above the knee/thigh in either a hooked formation or simply palms upwards.

The front method is often known as Hubuzhuang in our styles and it is also common practice but the unique aspect is that feet are more linear than in gongbu (Bow Step) also the body is aligned to the rear leg rather than the usual shaolin upright body approaches.

Regards
    Wu Chanlong

Hiya,

Thanks, ive never tried in a front bow stance, but was wondering is that stance would produce any good chi cultivation comparing to normal jaam jong standing?

Even is the weight was 50/50?

FT

fiercest tiger,

What factors would you consider allow for optimal qi building?

wolfy,

1st and formost being totally relaxed, holding no tension, proper posture, natural as i could bu i am open for sugestions and ways of different methods.

Garry

In Bagua there is a series of eight zhan-zhuang positions, beginning with wuji, continuing to liangyi, taiji, sancai... up to bagua positions. The wuji position has the legs together (slightly bent) and the hands at the sides. From there it continually opens and stretches further and further.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

ft,

In over 15 years I've come across only 2 Qigong Masters of high level. Both of them gave exactly the same outline for standing zhan zhuang (wuji).

1. Relaxation (of course).
    2. Stance/Alignment.
    3. Placement of mind's Attention (the only thing different between the two teachers).

My first teacher's student wrote a book about standing here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096...books&v=glance

In Wuji we have three lines of alignment looking from the front and one line of alignment looking from the side.

The feet should be the same distance apart as Jian Jing points (GB 21) on the shoulders. This distance can be achieved by placing the heel of one foot in the arch of the other forming a sidewards "T". Then turn the foot with the heel in the arch of the other on the ball of it's foot 90 degrees to the front so it's parallel with the other foot. Then advance this foot to be equal to the stationary foot and so both are parallel.

Correct position is found with JianJing directly over YongQuan points (on the feet). Then from BaiHui a line dicects the center line of the body down through Huiyin and to a point between both feet where a horizontal line going though both YongQuan meet.

I hope this is not too confusing.
    Last edited by woliveri; 12-05-2005 at 09:21 PM.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger View Post
    WFH,

When i 1st started Jaam Jong it was like that with my legs shoulder width but that isnt like that anymore, but now my feet are together its completely different.

Does anyone use front bow and arrow stance at all?

FT
    What exactly is Jamm Jong and how do you do it?