Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 Month meditation in India

They said vendors are making a lot off of him.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Jamieson sez:

"What do you think people are looking for when they go to see ...""

((Why is it important ina KFO discussion...journalists often note the unusual or the bizzarre))

"One need only review the UN documentation on literacy in any country and you will find that what I am saying is in essence true."

((Literacy is no assurance of wisdom. As PT Barnum knows--- suckers are born all the time. Commercial advertising often counts on a little literacy))

Do you think times were better when the world was awash in ignorance?

((Dont know- wasnt there-but contemporaneously there appears to be a lot of work ahead to connect literacy constructively with authenticity and human decency. Literacy by itself is no protection against propaganda, marketing and
    maipulation.One does not need a UN study to know that the makers and wholesale sellers of weapons of destruction is by the more literate societies)) ))

Monks would fast a day per month.

Some would fast even longer.

There are also practices of breathing slowly or holding a breath for a long time. or turtle breathing Gui Xi.

Some how by practicing meditation some would slow the metabolism to a very low level or to conserve water from not sweating too much?

--

I knew a guy who would fast for forty days from both food and water. I know, everyone's thinking, "That's scientifically impossible." I would have entirely agreed that it was impossible until I witnessed it myself. He practiced a christian form of meditation (he called himself a Christian Desert Father). He claimed that the method was used by christ, and that it is still used by scattered tribes in the middle east. He offered to teach it to me, but I wasn't interested in doing what he did. I like eating and drinking.

The point is, if you haven't ever heard of, or experienced such a thing, it's completly correct to doubt it. After all, scientific method is built on the practice of empirical observation. At this point, I recognize that the claims of the Nepalese media are highly improbable. Impossible? Not in my experience.

If the guy starts taking disciples, I just might head to Nepal.

Last edited by Samurai Jack; 12-13-2005 at 12:54 AM.

Ironfist maybe right, lets get ashida kim on the case ! He has both a$$tral spies and ninjas so he is the man for the job.

But seriously i think anything is possible wether its that this guy is a con or wether he was born with this ability/mission.
    We shouldnt discount it because all we see and we take in is through movies and the few thousand people we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little high school and college education gives one an amulet against foolishness?
    Rubbish.

Educated folks can make mad rushes to foolishness, various moral or real crusades
    and take wafers and a little wine or go down an aisle with music playing for seeking heaven's favor. Where has Jamieson been... the closing of the Western mind has been well under way- for some time.
    With modern media- fools are manipulated a lot more easily.

a little high school a little college and whole lot of western envy......