Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Month meditation in India

6 Month meditation in India

Good morning all,
    my student brought this up on class last night and I was just wondering if anyone has any more information about this 15 year old boy in india.

Apparnetly he has been in constant meditation for 188 days under the bodi tree.
    he doesnt eat or drink fro 12 hours while the sun is in the sky but at night they cover him with tarps and he is then eating only fresh foods .

All help and info is appriciated thank you, be well
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I thought the kid was in nepal, but yeah, I've heard of him.

the original story had it that he didn't eat or drink at all.

There is strong belief the kid is a buddha. There are still buddhas about, so why not this guy.

I've read the kid stated that he needs to do this for 6 years, then he'll head out.

Hopefully, his buddhahood will make something right happen in the world.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Here's a link to the AP story on this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10179215/from/RSS/
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Thank yuo so much fro your posts. It intrigued me when mentioned last night in class. I will read the link, thanks again chief Fox and David
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

That is cool wish people would leave him alone but.

1. The kid can just meditate in his own home and no one will know. So, no one will bother him. So, it appears someone is looking for some type of publicity.

2. About one year ago, there was a Indian yoga ascetic who did an experiment with these Indian medical doctors. he sat in an Indian Hospital for an entire week hooked up to all type of medical equipments and monitored by several close-circuit cameras. He didn't eat anything or drink any water for the entire week. He lived and walked out of the hospital. The doctors were very amazed. I think the rule of thumb is three days without water and you are pretty much , uheem, dead.

that was reported in India Times, BBC, etc. I can't find the link anymore, but if someone want to go dig around or know the link, I am sure people on the board would love to read about it.

Wow, 15! You'd kinda think his hormones would be going nuts at about that age, wouldn't you?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

His name is Ram Bomjon, there's tons of stuff on google.

I wonder where he goes poo.

He's going to have some serious atrophy and like bed sores when he gets back up. Of course, if he can slow his metabolism to the point that he doesn't have to eat for 6 months, he probably wouldn't atrophy too much, either. Then again, he can't slow down time, so he's still gonna get bed sores... er... ground sores...

These countries are filled to the brim with people who have little or no education whatsoever.

they are also equally filled to the brim with mystics and fahkirs and all sorts of spiritual advisors and gurus to help those people who don't understand find some path in life.

In other words, it is not difficult to introduce such a concept in such a country whereas here in the land of sceptics, it doesn't wash and is generally quickly scuttled like so much nonsense.

However, I'm always up for a little wait and see what happens.
    Frauds tend to light themselves on fire eventually and then people become really illuminated in the afterglow of their folly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Jamieson's rubbish

This time Jamieson speaks parochial nonsense :

"These countries are filled to the brim with people who have little or no education whatsoever.

they are also equally filled to the brim with mystics and fahkirs and all sorts of spiritual advisors and gurus to help those people who don't understand find some path in life.

In other words, it is not difficult to introduce such a concept in such a country whereas here in the land of sceptics, it doesn't wash and is generally quickly scuttled like so much nonsense."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little high school and college education gives one an amulet against foolishness?
    Rubbish.

Educated folks can make mad rushes to foolishness, various moral or real crusades
    and take wafers and a little wine or go down an aisle with music playing for seeking heaven's favor. Where has Jamieson been... the closing of the Western mind has been well under way- for some time.
    With modern media- fools are manipulated a lot more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti
    This time Jamieson speaks parochial nonsense :

"These countries are filled to the brim with people who have little or no education whatsoever.

In other words, it is not difficult to introduce such a concept in such a country whereas here in the land of sceptics, it doesn't wash and is generally quickly scuttled like so much nonsense."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little high school and college education gives one an amulet against foolishness?
    Rubbish.

Educated folks can make mad rushes to foolishness, various moral or real crusades
    and take wafers and a little wine or go down an aisle with music playing for seeking heaven's favor. Where has Jamieson been... the closing of the Western mind has been well under way- for some time.
    With modern media- fools are manipulated a lot more easily.
    Hit a sore spot with you?

One need only review the UN documentation on literacy in any country and you will find that what I am saying is in essence true.

Do you think times were better when the world was awash in ignorance? Or do you think it a better place when people are informed enough to know horsesh1t from hockeypucks?

The simple ways of rural folk have a quaintness about them, but the fact of the matter is that it is far simpler to sell a pig in a poke to an uneducated person than it is to sell the same thing to someone who has a more knowing experience and who has gone through their schooling for the regular 12 years.

simple physics, logic and other exercised ways of thinking through schooling often dash the more blatant falacies of spirituality against the wall of reality.

Every leap into the spiritual is always a leap of faith and never a leap of knowing and certainty.

But of course, you may do as you wish so long as it doesn't impede another with any severity.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I would also add:

What do you think people are looking for when they go to see this boy?

Are they looking for proof that a buddha can exist? I've never refuted that and would submit that I think there are indeed many buddhas who walk the world today. These enlightened ones may not always be in a state of grace, but they certainly do have correct perspective in many ways.

Are they looking for someone to save them from their own folly? Their hardship? The pain of existance?

Are they looking to not have to take responsibility for their own being by giving themselves over to service to a buddha? Or for that matter why would anyone think that the answers are anywhere else but within themselves?

Is the boy really wanting to just do his thing? Is there a motive to this all? If so, what do you think that motive might be?

There are less ills in the world from conspiracy as opposed to that pile of them which stem from neglect.

If a person neglects to see themselves, how are they able to correctly see others?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

There are times they they don't let anyone watch him. They're probably feeding him then. We should send in some ninjas to spy on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    There are times they they don't let anyone watch him. They're probably feeding him then. We should send in some ninjas to spy on the situation.

This part is what is important to note.

Often teh best deception is carried out right in front of you.

If there is nothing to hide, why hide it?

Is anyone making money off the boy yet? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.