Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 GoldMedals in SanShou for RMAX

2 GoldMedals in SanShou for RMAX

It is my honor to share the news that my Coach and friend Scott Sonnon (founder of CST and RMAX) and his friend and student CST headcoach Joe Wilson won two gold medals in the San Shou Championship which was held in Mobile, Alabama. This was amazing victory for the RMAX team. Coach Sonnon knocked out the 28 years old Professional San Shou fighter. Coach Wilson won on points in the third round (his opponent was 50 lbs heavier than him.

RMAX annoucement of the victory: http://circularstrengthmag.com/forum...pic.php?t=8362

Joe Wilson's report on SCott Sonnon's performance:
    http://circularstrengthmag.com/forum...pic.php?t=8374

RMAX's clip of Coach Sonnon's match: http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/i...nshouchamp.wmv

I hope you guys enjoy the clip.

Yours in CST,
    Bao
    Last edited by FooFighter; 12-08-2005 at 12:57 PM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

I have known joe wilson for years. We actually teach inside of his school. I forgot you were into CST - Joe has a video out now that he shot in the school a few months ago.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Very cool, congratulations
    Monkey vs. Robot

Thumbs up

Cool congrats on your team victories!

Does anyone have the NAMES of who they fought?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

SevenStar,

PM me your real name. Glad to know you knew Joe Wilson. Nice guy and yes I know about his DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    If I see Joe at the school tonight, I'll ask him.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    I couldnt find any names and matchups from this years art of war, i was wondering the same thing... Did any of the 'big 6' teams enter fighters this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant
    I couldnt find any names and matchups from this years art of war, i was wondering the same thing... Did any of the 'big 6' teams enter fighters this year?
    I would be shocked if any of the other five went anywhere near that event, but I've been shocked before

Upon watching the clip finally (I have dial up so it only took an hour to download), I'm afraid I think that the claim that Scott's opponent was a "pro champion" is shall we say "exaggerated"

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Yea not a pro at least not a pro San Shou fighter. The most active Pro San Shou fighter, Cung Le, only has 15 fights. Scott looked good for a newbie but I would not challenge Marvin Perry any time soon.

Nice to see the clip though.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

I talked to joe last night. The guy sonnon fought is from cambodia. He's not sure of his name exactly, but it sounded like David Khai. Joe fought a guy that was about 60 lbs heavier than him. He is out of lousianna, and his name is nick davaine(sp?)

On a funny note, foofighter, When I talked to joe last night, I congratulated him, then told him I found out about the win because a guy from the rmax forum also posts on a forum that I moderate, and he cut me off in mid-sentence and says "bao...", but he went on to say that you were a good guy and he'd worked with you at some cst seminars.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 12-09-2005 at 09:36 AM.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar

Joe fought a guy that was about 60 lbs heavier than him.
    Typical brilliant match making by Shawn Liu

I think Joe took it cuz he really wanted to fight. He and sonnon weighed in about the same, and they didn't wanna fight eachother. There was nobody else except for lavaine. Clips of that fight should be on the site soon.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

SevenStar,

Joe was my partner at softwork and he met each other at another seminar. Joe is a cool guy. Here is the clip of his fight: http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/i...nshouchamp.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter
    SevenStar,

Joe was my partner at softwork and he met each other at another seminar. Joe is a cool guy. Here is the clip of his fight: http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/i...nshouchamp.wmv
    Who was the referee in that bout? The fat guy was holding the ropes while the other guy was trying to do a sacrifice and the ref never said nothing? He also had a funny idea of what 2 seconds is in a couple of those clinches.