Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master Share K. Lew to teach seminar in San Francisco

Master Share K. Lew to teach seminar in San Francisco

Master Share K. Lew will teach the "Cloud Hands" and "Earth Meditation" chi kung sets from his rare style in SF in 2006.

February 18-19
    10am to 5pm each day.
    The cost is $200

These sets are the foundation to Sifu's style, great for self-healing and also opening the 8 extra meridians.

To register email

aninfinitejourney@yahoo.com

More info on Share Lew can be found here.

http://www.jadedragon.com/archives/lew.html

post it on the calendar

That's what it's there for - see Feb 2006. Too bad, you just missed our deadline. If you had posted it on the calendar instead of here, you could have made it into the next print magazine. Next time, perhaps.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene
    No one ever looks at the calender. Not to mention it is too hard to navigate and post there. Much more efficient to post on the actual forums. More people see it here.
    Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

You have problems navigating and posting on the calendar?

It seems pretty easy to me - just click to look and click to submit. Submissions are all templated and I've yet to have any complaints. I've no problem with people posting on forums or I would delete them (and it's nice if they go back and delete announcement when it's over). More important and especially in this case, the calendar is where we extract the magazine listing. That crosses into print media, giving the seminar/workshop/event even more publicity.

The calendar, like the forum, is just one of the free services we offer to the martial arts community. Take what you need, need what you take and give what you can.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

For anyone who ever wanted to learn Nei Gong, I highly recommend studying the Taoist Elixir style with Lew Sifu. I would NOT recommend learning the system through anyone else.

I accredit the Tao Tahn Pai for softening my movements, enhancing my sensory acuity, and my ability to keep a clear head under hostile circumstances. The seminar will be worth every penny...perhaps even more. Sifu Share Lew is a living legend, and the practice of the Tao Tahn Pai is invalueable.

I have already learned the Cloud Hand set as well as the Earth Meditation, so I will not personally be enrolled in the class. However, I may stop by to visit and to support my Sifu.

Cha Kuen:
    Are you hosting the seminar? I just received news of this from Juanita, but she mentioned that a female will be hosting. Just curious.

M.Dasargo

Michael,

Since you have learned these sets, can you tell me about SKL's teaching style?

Will he explain the purpose of each exercise, what is each movement's function?

Also, does he speak english or would there be a need for an interpreter?

hey dasargo,

No im not hosting it, i just got the news from juanita and posted it on here to help promote.

You may be stopping by? It's in sf...will you be in SF at that time? how long have u been practicing the cloud hands/earth? everyday?

I have been doign it more often now.... but sitll not everyday yet.... but will do!

Wolveri,

Ultimately, when Sifu speaks, you listen. Sifu's wife may be doing most of the teaching due to language barriers, but ultimately it comes down to learning the movements and practice, practice, practice. To be honest with you, if you are into reading books and require an academic understanding, then Taoism may not be too appealing. Most everything comes down to an experiential process, and asking the right questions in a proper manner. Ultimately, it comes down to: learn, practice, and explain your experience. From there, Sifu will provide the necessary corrections to keep you on the right path.

Cha Kuen,

sent you a PM.

Best Regards,
    M.Dasargo

Michael,

If we've learned the exercises correctly then what corrections can Sifu Lew make?

Anyway, Michael, I disagree with your position that nothing other than movements can be taught (no theory). So we take our movements and go off and practice and "experiment". This "can" lead to injuries depending on the qigong.

For example, perhaps one movement requires the practitioner to hold their breath. Well, the practitioner, not knowing the meaning behind this movement might "theorize" that if he/she forces harder then he/she might get quicker results but instead might give themselves a hernia. Also setting themselves back in their training. You see what I'm getting at.

However, if the exercise is explained in some form of terminology to help the student understand then a different perspective is taken and then heightened interest.

For example, same movement. Using TCM terminology: Gently hold the breath to the Dan Tian, Don't force. By holding the breath to the dan tian you are accelerating the spleen functionality, the conversion process, OR building the foundation of the Dan tian, Or Something of value which allows contemplation, starts an intellegent thinking process.

Precautions, If you feel this way blah blah... don't do this blah blah.

Know what I'm saying?

One other thing, Bill Helm, Carl Totten or others don't have the ability to pass on these exercises?

dasargo, i'lll be at the seminar, drop by and say whatUP!!!

Hello Wolveri,

It would be wonderful if a student could master a technique or sets in a two day seminar! I personally don't have that ability, so I continue to humbly request corrections to my breathing, movement, and to correct my practice based on my experiences/phase of development. Also, the mind leads the qi.

I understand that the seminar may not be the right one for you. However, I hope that anyone interested in learning Nei Gong will attend the seminar. As for Bill Helm and Carl Totten, perhaps it's best if you ask them to host a seminar for their Sifu. (By the way, Bill Helm is a 15 second walk from my Gong Fu school, and I had dinner with Carl Totten and others last month at Sifu Derrick Wrights Kung Fu Academy).

Again, for those interested, this seminar is an excellent oppurtunity to meet and learn from a living legend. For those who don't know, Share Lew is also Lew Bin's (Lao Buns) nephew. He is also one of two surviving pre-communist era Taoist who is monastically trained. The latter, Kwan Saihung, once requested to learn from Sifu Share Lew.

I get nothing out of promoting my Sifu. I do not know the person who is hosting it for him. I am simply providing those in the area with the knowledge of what oppurtunity lies before them. If it's not for you, that's okay. If it is, then I hope to see you there! Remeber, there is no one qualified to teach the Tao Tahn Pai except Share Lew and his family.

Cha Kuen,

I will see you there!

M.
    Last edited by Michael Dasargo; 01-16-2006 at 01:10 AM.

Michael,

As always, to clearly express oneself on a forum is not always that easy.

I do not dispute the quality and level of Master Sher K Lew at all. He is everything you say and more.

I think this would be a great seminar for anyone interested, myself included.

Thanks for adding input to this thread.
    Last edited by woliveri; 01-16-2006 at 10:50 AM.

iron palm master

Is this the same Share Lew who was an iron palm master capable of breaking marble?
    A penny saved is... not much.

With all due respect, Share K Lew is NOT the only living Taoist from the pre-communist era alive today and Kwan Saihung is just a - well we will leave it at that.