Thread: Phlegm

Phlegm

What is a good recipe or remedy for people who have allot of phlegm and mucus?

Ban Xia is a good herb for all kinds of phlegm. Tangerine peel is another good choice. Also black tea.

No herbs needed.

Just cut out all dairy, white flour, fried anything, and seafood for a month.

hmmm

And just remember when it comes to diet, oranges create tonnes of phlegm whilst pears dissolve phlegm in the body.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

QuaiJohncain's idea about making dietary adjustments namely the elimination of dairy products is a good one, as was vikinggoddess's suggestion to use the herb Ban Xia. Although it should have included a precautionary note that Ban Xia is slightly toxic, and usage should be restricted to the recommended dosage and not for long-term use.

An important point that was not addressed is the fact that copious phlegm that is not related to the common cold is an indication of what TCM calls Spleen dampness. If Ban Xia is used it would be a good idea to combine it with the other herb that vikinggoddess suggested (tangerine peel) which is what the Chinese call Chen Pi. Additionally, the inclusion of 2 herbs (Fu Ling and Bai Zhu) both of which correct Spleen imbalances/dampness would probably be more effective than using Ban Xia or Tangerine Peel alone. Additionally, the inclusion of these herbs in a formula addresses the root cause of phlegm, which is Spleen dampness -- the problem of excess phlegm is merely a symptom of Spleen disharmony.

If you have any questions, or desire more information feel free to get back in touch with me.

TR Joiner

www.seaofchi.com

Thanks for the replies.
    I gave him the advice of changing his diet, mainly his dairy product intake. Guess what it worked pretty darn good.

Once again thank you very much.

You know what worked for me? It may sound gross, but drinking a shot or two of apple cider vinegar per day. I guess it raises your Ph and causes your body to make less mucous.

~~Jules
    Akahai - Modesty
    Lokahi Aku Like - Unison and harmony
    'Olu 'Olu Ka Manao - Pleasant thoughts
    Ha'a Ha'a - Humility
    Ahonui A Lanakila - Patience will achieve your goals