Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fighting stances

never sweep the front leg. Sow gerk is one of the most usefull apps in my CLF arsenal. I think I can safely say, once I have lined my oponent up correctly (which isnt difficult) i can sweep just about every one . If someone is standing in a diu ma type stance or a one leg stance, he does half the work for me
    in our siu ping kuen there is a move where you step from sei ping ma back into a gong ma. its used as a sweep too, pretty easy, effective and very common to get into when you are in a fight.

****, today im in such a mood to go spar with someone . pitty is summer holiday now, and our school is closed for the holiday. wish i could email myself over to the usa or some place
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Blog Entries
    when it comes to front leg sweeps, it won't happen to me. I have a lot of lower body awareness. I wouldn't use the Diu Ma horse in fighting stance. But when you go to sweep my front leg i will either use the Diu Ma with a circle being drawn on the floor with the tip of my toes on the ground, or simply lift my front leg and put it behind me changing my fighting stance from the right side to facing the left side in south paw style.

In my school, including my students, we all pray for someone to do a front leg sweep because we got a surprise for them.

But if you haven't tried to evade the front leg sweep by using the diu ma then circling either clockwise or counterclockwise then you most likely don't realize how easy it is, especially to shoot in right afterwards.

i guess you have to see it to understand.

peace.

Blog Entries
    eddie,

when you execute the sow gerk, your lead hand, is it pushing at the chest like i see many clf people do?

The way we execute a sow gerk is combing the sweep with like a pek choy-instead you are using the area from your wrist down to your elbow and it comes downwards starting at the 11:00 position and ending at the 5:00 position ( the hands only).

We do it this way to wipe off the face of our opponent. It starts at the forehead and crushes downwards breaking the nose then while you move your head back to evade that strike my arm comes crashing down into your chest while the leg is still sweeping sending our opponent to the ground. HARD!

actually there are a lot of sweeps to the front leg that are good, and the whole thing is timing, precision, speed mixed with the ability to make my opponent think im going all up top, and not down below.

sometimes its better to show than to tell.

hsk

i could push, strike or cut, high, medium or low. situation usually dictates it for me. i prefer a quick push/cut movement across the chest or throught area. guess what, it works for san shou too

we obviously have our own variations too. Low kick to sow gerk works very well
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )