Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons

Talking The Simpsons

http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

2. Just out of curiosity, have they ever revealed or figured out which state the city of Springfield on The Simpsons is in?

In one episode ( i believe it was the inside the simpsons episode, like a behind the music kinda thing) they mention kentucky. In interviews however, matt groeing has said its pretty much based off different cities in california.

So, not it really hasn't been too clear.

Man, I watch way too much simpsons!

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

Actually it's Tennessee. In the episode, they said someone went North of the border upon which someone goes "you mean Kentucky?" Well, Tennessee is located South of Kentucky and there is a Springfield in that state.
    I have a signature.

u can't make a map of springfield. that's just crazy. it changes all the time.

remember the stonecuters episode? lenny and karl get really good parking spots and homer gets a spot which is right next to his house but behind a fence. bart makes fun of him, but then he takes out a pair of roller skates.

and then there's the episode when an ex president moves in accross the street in a big mantion (and bart impersonates denis the menis).

... ****, i watch too much simpsons 2

Philbert,

I am referring to the scene where they are having a picnic by the river and the narrator says "This family from a small town in Kentucky"

I will verify this, but I am pretty sure its kentucky thats said.

Reguardless, the point is, its never been clear what state it is.

Remember that episode when lenny and homer became oil drillers in western springfield, and when the flew over in the chopper to western springfield it looked just like texas (they did the whole map indiana jones thing).

-Yip Man

Talking did anyone see the simpsons last night?

did ya see the stab at family guy and american dad that they made?

that was classic and i like those shows but that was freakin sweet on so many levels.

who else caught it?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I saw it. HILARIOUS... The SIMPSONS is still so funny while I'm sort of Blaa.. about those other shows... I doubt they'll last.

good joke, family guy good, american dad not good. Simpsons= eternal. The only show I could watch 4 times daily (and have!)
    Bless you

nah family guy is **** funny. i'd say its almost on par with the simpsons and only after a couple seasons. and they did save sunday night when the simpsons hit that dry spell...but we wont dwell on that.

american dad tho.....well.... what can u say except that its a bad rip off of family guy.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Alot of people seem to like Famil Guy. The Dog and the Baby have their moments, I'll admit, but the rest of it seems to fall flat. The cheap cartoon sex jokes just get old fast.

the simpson are so much better than family guy. although i love family guy. the simpsons is funny for people of all levels.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

OT: The Real Simpsons

The Simpsons

I thought this was hilarious, and although it is not MA related, I thought it worth sharing....

NWS ads n stuff...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Thumbs up

Excellent find!
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

yes, very good find. its not corny either.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.