Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Five Animals Kung Fu?

Hi, just put

ark wong

on the search field of Youtube and you will get some forms of this Ng Ga Kuen. I studied for like....18 years or so, the version that came to Mexico, so i had some northern flavor. My SiFu knows tai chi, so i have that tai chi flavor too.

It is very effective for fighting with lots of chin-na, throws etc. I competed with it on some valetudo fights and did pretty well with it.

Today i do more northern shaolin, shaolin temple and old yang tai chi with SiFu Rick Zanotti and SiFu Shi Yan Bin

The GM Ark Wong videos were done a lot of time ago, times when "to hide" and "not show the real art" were on the air, unfortunately.

SiFu Gary Steuer (one of the elders) its on USA ( he is usually on Thailand) given seminars at California USA.

If you are more interested on Ng Ga, check their forum at:

http://cuervo1.proboards75.com

Have fun!.

Arrow shaolin five animals

any one have any info on the songshan shaolin 5 animal form(24 movements) recently featured in kf magazine....trying to find video on the web but no luck....jsut beginning in shaolin forms and would like to fingure out the pace and rythm of this form...... thanx for the help

Quote Originally Posted by owarujitsu View Post
    any one have any info on the songshan shaolin 5 animal form(24 movements) recently featured in kf magazine....trying to find video on the web but no luck....jsut beginning in shaolin forms and would like to figure out the pace and rythm of this form...... thanx for the help
    That's no beginner form.

You can find the most authentic version (with correct movements, not modern wushu) here:

http://www.cmaod.com/Shaolin15.html

Item Code: SL240

Sif through the back pages, there's a long one on animals, which'll probably get fused with this one, and then I'll have several posts on one thread refering to the one thread.

Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Shaolin Five Animal Kung Fu

Hi all,

I was looking to get back into martial arts and found a school that teaches Shaolin Five Animal Kung Fu. I was wondering what the style is like? What is covered usually in a class? How many forms are there? Does it have good self defence applications? Also, I am a little older (40), still in good shape, would it be something I could handle?

Thanks

The term "shaolin five animal" is a very generic one. Choy Li Fut, Hung Gar and the modern Shaolin Temple all have "five animal" forms. Each style plays the animals differently.

So without added information about the style and instructor teaching it, your question is too general for a definitive answer.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    The term "shaolin five animal" is a very generic one. Choy Li Fut, Hung Gar and the modern Shaolin Temple all have "five animal" forms. Each style plays the animals differently.

So without added information about the style and instructor teaching it, your question is too general for a definitive answer.
    I agree with mooyingmantis. There are different 5 animal systems northern and southern, sometimes its actually kempo but called 5 animal, so we would need some more info to give you a good answer. also make sure its not a chain school, there's a lot of chain 5 animals schools now.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_allan View Post
    I agree with mooyingmantis. There are different 5 animal systems northern and southern, sometimes its actually kempo but called 5 animal, so we would need some more info to give you a good answer. also make sure its not a chain school, there's a lot of chain 5 animals schools now.
    Thanks for the reply guys. You know, that's all the info I have, just that it is 5 animals kung fu. I tried emailing the guy teaching the class but no reply yet. I am kinda suspicious about it now.

New Five Animals article

Shaolin Five Animals Eight Methods Boxing - Songshan Shaolin’s Big Five! By Emilio Alpanseque

JAN+FEB 2018

Thread: SHAOLIN SPECIAL January+February 2018
    Thread: Five Animals Kung Fu
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Picked up the latest issue at the bookstore, glad to see an article on the wuxingbafa, but I'm so surprised to find the very, very short version taught so widely in US schools teaching Songshan Shaolin. Hopefully this encourages others to seek the real style rather than just learning the kids' form.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

So if I'm getting this straight.... the Shaolin Wuxingbafa is the ancestor of the modern day 5 Animal form, as found in CLF. How does the CLF version differ from the 5 Animals practiced by Ark Wong lineage, which are done as separate forms? And which is the truer, more "original" method?

Questions abound!!
    Last edited by Oolong; 01-02-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    So if I'm getting this straight.... the Shaolin Wuxingbafa is the ancestor of the modern day 5 Animal form, as found in CLF. How does the CLF version differ from the 5 Animals practiced by Ark Wong lineage, which are done as separate forms? And which is the truer, more "original" method?

Questions abound!!
    All of the different branches of CLF have different 5 animal forms. For example, the one from my lineage comes from Northern Shaolin via the wife of Prof. Lau Bun's wife. While it's a northern set by origin, this one has the southern 5 animals.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    All of the different branches of CLF have different 5 animal forms. For example, the one from my lineage comes from Northern Shaolin via the wife of Prof. Lau Bun's wife. While it's a northern set by origin, this one has the southern 5 animals.
    Interesting. If it's the same one Doc Fai Wong teaches, I can definitely see the connection.

Ng Ying Kungfu, 5 Animal Kungfu Patrick van Steen (europe) , Donald Kinnie.(u.s.a.)

Quote Originally Posted by ไRui_Jingδ View Post
    What is Five Animals Kung Fu?

How effective is Five Animals Kung Fu in real life situations?

Would someone attempt to use Five Animals Kung Fu to fight say a boxer or strret fighter?

Is Five Animals Kung Fu just a traditional style of kungfu that really isn't good for self defense?

If anyone has any knowledge of this subject, please help. Thanks.
    Well how effective it is you will have to find out by training in it. We in Hung Gar have a 5 animal kungfu unarmed form Ng Ying Kuen. But i recently also found something like Ng Ying Kungfu a southern martial arts system taught bij sifu Donald Kinnie in the U.S.A. and sifu Patrick van Steen in Europe.

"LOLOL!!! Troll bait. You should see his wingchun thread."

Sorry but I am sticking up for the poster of the thread. It's gotten to the point where any beginner who posts a legitimate thread about kung fu automatically because accused of being a troll~

It's got to stop...

It is not honorable to automatically in knee-jerk fashion tear someone to pieces just for asking a question.

Judge Pen--

I think you've let your title of what you do for work outside of this forum get to your head. Time to let some of the air out of the baloon there buddy. Pretty JUDGE-mental of you to obnoxiously give someone a decimal point score when jeez..didn't Sin Kwang The basically ADMIT that he made the whole Shaolin-Do art up in court? I've seen SD students (visited a class and asked if I could observe) who didn't even know how to make/throw a correct punch! How about choosing an art which isn't the laughing stock of the kung fu world (it's sort of neck and neck between SD, Oom Yung Do and Temple Kung fu of the late Simon Olaf) before you begin pontificating that your wolfman art is so superior.

Am I "trolling"..hey guys..call it whatever the h-ll you want..ok? I don't care! I'm not trolling..I'm just p-ssed off!
    Last edited by LaterthanNever; 07-09-2018 at 09:44 PM.