Thread: Apprentices ???

Apprentices ???

I was wondering do any Shoalin masters that take apprentices because i'm low on money with high ambition to learn. I became intrested because of a family members involvement with the martial arts, he was paralized and later on died from a fight he was in ( I'm not sure if it was in tournament or if it was something he shouldn't have been doing) and I feel as though someone in our family should grab hold of these ancient arts and let it grow with the generations of our children and there children. As cheesy as it may sound I'm so very serious.

I also believe that Tiger styles will be easier for me to learn because it;s my zodiac.

I'm located in New Haven CT and i'll be moving to Monks Corner South carolina with in the next 7 months. If anyone is a taker please inform me on this thread.

thank you

No offense, but how about first getting an education, fixing your financial situation, and THEN taking martial arts? For obvious reasons.

Also teachers tend to want you to pay them ... they don't tend to want slaves anymore. Martial arts is all about the $ these days.

At Shaolin Temple, they do take apprentices....

I've seen several orphan students there who have been taken under the wings of Shaolin masters at private schools around Shaolin. But it's pure hardship for those kids. They are basically slaves. When a Shaolin master has complete power over someone, the process of tutelage is downright brutal on every level.

Before you start dreaming of being a Shaolin apprentice, take note. If you have the ability to speak English and post on the web, you're way over qualified. Wake up and smell Tamo's eyelids. You're quite rich compared to most mainland Chinese.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Flame Tiger, there are people who save up some $$$ and then go over to China and make money teaching English and take martial arts, although it seems like a lot of trouble to go through just for martial arts.

Flaming Tiger.

I don't have apprentice but I do have a work study program

If your interested you can e-mail me. (please don't be a flake )

I'm in China

New TV show puts foreigners in unique jobs in China
    chinadaily.com.cn, July 5, 2018

[Photo provided to China Daily]

Nearly 500 expats from across the globe, including those working and studying in China, have applied to participate in a reality television show to experience unique jobs with Chinese characteristics for one day.

The jobs include taking care of pandas in the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in Sichuan province, becoming a kung fu apprentice at Shaolin Temple in Henan province, taking on the role of a high-speed train maintenance worker in Wuhan, Hubei province, and learning how to be chef of hand-pulled noodles in Lanzhou, Gansu province.

Only one applicant will be selected for each of the eight jobs, according to the team from "I'm in China", a State-supported media project that aims to share the culture and history of China.

Applicants with relevant work experience and are fluent in Mandarin are preferred, according to the team.

Details regarding the application were released on professional networking website LinkedIn on June 20. So far, the job at the panda base in Sichuan province has garnered the strongest response.

"We believe LinkedIn will help the TV show organizer find the best candidates, who will in turn work as ambassadors by sharing their real experiences of Chinese culture with the world," said Huang Lei, marketing and public relations director at LinkedIn China.
    Here's the LinkedIn I'm in China page.

All of these jobs look pretty cool.

THREADS:
    Apprentices
    Pandas!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart