Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Five Animals Kung Fu?

Greetings

Green Willow

So why wasn't I inivted here. Must be the same reason there is no Eagle Claw in the MMA/NHB/UFC

I guess they couldn't match my asking price

Seriously. You seem to like eagle claw enough, but I can't tell if you've ever trained in it. Your Profile is "???" on any info about yourself, especially your name

I've always said, the individual makes the style. If a style is to be considered complete it has to have sufficient training in all ranges of combat. So what books on eagle claw have you read. There's only been a probably 10 and of those only 2 were in english

Of the ones I've read they mention the descending principle which encapsulates the range of "ground fighting/grappling, etc".

But you are correct in the fact that very few exponents of the style have done any ground fighting except in recent years due to the "gracie revolution". A good thing I must say. Shame they are substituting things like BJJ, Judo, etc. and not being able to discover it in their style.

So, Yes I will fight in the UFC. Now Will I win Sure would be fun though. Got any connections. I might have to wax my legs 1st

Peace

Gene, good one. Your a better person than me. I guess its true in Asian circles about turning 40

later

Lohanhero> You said you're learning leopard first? I'd be interested to know why your Sifu started with that and not tiger. Leopard is so much more of a physically demanding form, at least if you perform the majority of it from the crouched one knee position.

Also, what's your Sifu's name? I'm always curious to see who else is out there teaching and training the five fists.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

yes i am learning pao kuen, it is a very low and demanding form, but it is not like we are rushed into it, as we train in other forms along time before the animals. we learn leopard first because this was what m sifus master was famous for, that and the double knifes wich is why that is our first bladed weapon i guess. my sifu's name is Peter T. G. Khaw, im afraid i cant remember his actual name as i was shown but couldnt pronounce well enough >< he is chinese malaysian of hokkien decent i beleve. in Malaysia he has quite a number of schools but the society was formed out of the communitys of chinese people in malaysia. once he came to australia 20 years ago it was much harder to gain people who would spend the time and show the respect, so 5 years in and im trying my best to help him with everything i can. trying this year to grow

Lohanhero:
    im sorry, my mistake for coming back to a martial art forum.
    Hey now, don't let one bad apple spoil the bushel. Every forum has trollz, but there's plenty here to make up for them.

ngokfei:
    Gene, good one. Your a better person than me. I guess its true in Asian circles about turning 40
    What you mean, me or you? I'm just turning 30ish, or something. Oh nevermind...

green_willow:
    I think your crane beak is over rated.
    Don't get me wrong. On my earlier post about plucking out eyes, it's better technique to be able to pluck the eye out, of course. It's tricky because the sclera is not that tough so when you do, the retinal cord pops out the back and all the humour spills out like pulling the plug on a bathtub (from the other side). It takes a true eagle claw master to be able to pluck an eye out and hold it like a hardboiled egg. Usually, it comes out all runny, more like an popped overeasy egg.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

yes sir, mr ching ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei
    Green Willow

So why wasn't I inivted here. Must be the same reason there is no Eagle Claw in the MMA/NHB/UFC

I guess they couldn't match my asking price

Seriously. You seem to like eagle claw enough, but I can't tell if you've ever trained in it. Your Profile is "???" on any info about yourself, especially your name

I've always said, the individual makes the style. If a style is to be considered complete it has to have sufficient training in all ranges of combat. So what books on eagle claw have you read. There's only been a probably 10 and of those only 2 were in english

Of the ones I've read they mention the descending principle which encapsulates the range of "ground fighting/grappling, etc".

But you are correct in the fact that very few exponents of the style have done any ground fighting except in recent years due to the "gracie revolution". A good thing I must say. Shame they are substituting things like BJJ, Judo, etc. and not being able to discover it in their style.

So, Yes I will fight in the UFC. Now Will I win Sure would be fun though. Got any connections. I might have to wax my legs 1st

Peace

later
    The book I have is from Leung Shum. Someone on the forum also said that eagle clawing techniques are used by grapplers on the ground. Which raises a couple of questions. 1) why is there no ground work shown in any of the photos in the book? 2) why is someone "locked up" soooo securly in a standing position when we know in real life it probably will get to the ground? 3) why does eagle claw need so many forms to train grappling when BJJ can achieve the same result with no forms? 4) If forms are so unimportant why are higher level forms considered secret?

Surely eagle claws would have done heaps of ground work since the 13th century looooong before gracie if they have been doing any form of grappling work don't you think?

As for what I do - I just do lots of grappling with friends who do BJJ, wrestling etc in the back yard. As for my profile - you can call me The Backyard Blitz!!!

Thanks for your comments - you're the most intellegent so far and by far Hope you find time to respond - I'm so sick of talking to stupid ppl who have no idea about martial arts - really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohanhero
    yes sir, mr ching ^^
    You just been given your orders to take a long walk off a short pier
    Last edited by green_willow; 02-07-2006 at 05:00 AM.

your a pirate?

If the maths PhD candidate is a pirate...

...we must all be ninjas. Bring me my nacho ninjettes!!! Dang, how many times to I have to say this before I get some service around here?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Green Willow (THE BACK YARD BLITZ?)

so you've come to these conclusions from 1 book? you may wan't to expand your horizons a little bit further.

The gracies alone have more than 5 books out, which 1 do you think represents the entire "style"?

Can't wait to see you in the UFC and can place your face with your name??? Don't be shy, I don't get to the post office too often

Gene
    39 in March, hope I can look as good as you!!!

GreenWillow

is making the following error

he sumises that all TCMa practioners are interested in playing chase the butt in a sport scenario...must be all the crack sweat that gets him off

Chinese martial arts are evolved from military, gangsters, and thugs, as well as the more peacfull persuits of buddhism and Taoism...how many people hid in temples when being chased for crimes??

thier underlying principal is winning...if you really wanna win then kill your opponent in three moves or less.

Chan Tzi Ching the eagle claw king of china defeated any and all in under three moves...do you think he did that nicely ??? by having a little grappling contest.

I will however agree that a lot of TCMa practioners do not know how to really fight and i mean really fight with cold vicous(?) intent. However I know many who do and they are dangerous Ba'Strds. That you GreenWillow hope you never meet one on one.

quite simply if you came to my school to challenge me I would pick up my machete and cut you to maim you across all your major muscle groups so you could never practice again. Those that know what this means also know where this type of mentatlity comes from. Break his bridge - destroy his kung fu.

I hate trolls who know jack squat about old school tcma...

Kune Belay Sau

Green Willow (THE BACK YARD BLITZ?)

so you've come to these conclusions from 1 book? you may wan't to expand your horizons a little bit further.

The gracies alone have more than 5 books out, which 1 do you think represents the entire "style"?
    Seeing that you said that there are only 2 eagle claw books written in english. I have therefore reviewed 50% of the material. There's absolutely no mention of ground gappling work. The book is supposed to be written by a famous eagle claw instructor. Have you see eagle claw sparring that goes to the ground?

I have not got 5 books on BJJ, but I have a fair idea what's it about from the various UFC matches. Unfortunately we never see eagle claw in life action why's that?

50% of what? Must be a native born american English please.

1. Yes my sifu is famous but there are others out there, maybe you would give them the money needed to publish a book?

2. Eagle Claw on the ground. Yes, not only seen it but participated in it as well.

3. Eagle Claw in Action. Hey my door is always open "always willing to learn something new "

wong ying:

Machete huh? Who you been hanging out with lately
    Actually prefer a 9m but I know you have much more restrictions where you live

unless this thread gets interesting I'll have to say "tah tah"

50% of what? Must be a native born american English please.

1. Yes my sifu is famous but there are others out there, maybe you would give them the money needed to publish a book?

2. Eagle Claw on the ground. Yes, not only seen it but participated in it as well.

3. Eagle Claw in Action. Hey my door is always open "always willing to learn something new "
    50% of all books published in english. ( I have 1 book out of 2 books in total you said have been published in english).

1. Good you study eagle claw- do you cross train or play with other ppl who do other styles of grappling? Do you find that if you take away the rules, grappling is grappling - the skill is being able to work to the various holds?

2. Good how does it work against BJJ? You may one day meet the Backyard Blitz in the UFC

3. Great. I always wanted to try out eagle claw. I'm 100% advocate of cross training. My philosophy is if you like martial arts why restrict to one style or one teacher. If you follow tradition, it shows that a lot of sifus have had many instructors. Its much more a case of getting together to train rather than "death matches".

so why don't we see ppl from eagle claw schools compete in UFC? Some guy from 8 step mantis competed and was rather successful - mantis also has a lot of grappling & throwing.

Ngok Fei

Machete - Meat Cleaver...all the same really, either or does the job nicely...

I notice GW made no answer to my comments -

This thread is a waste of time, I'm done with it
    Kune Belay Sau

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    ...we must all be ninjas. Bring me my nacho ninjettes!!! Dang, how many times to I have to say this before I get some service around here?

i know i wish i was a ninja... the secrets of the nacho cheese sounds to good to be true.