Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Kong

King Kong

went to a midnight show last night (even got a free T-shirt out of it... very cool)

This movie ROCKED so hard... moving particularly if you're a pet owner.

T-Rex/Kong monkey kungfu insanity.

some almost mantis Kungfu verses a tommy gun.

And colorful bi-planes!!!

Niaomi Watts looked great.

Jack Black was classic.

got home around 3:30am & still had to be up for work. Still, I had to do it, otherwise I wouldn't be able to layout our eZine article on the flick...

the things I do for you peeps!!!

despite the hype-

king kong was a real great movie to start with when it originally came out.

I can only imagine at this point (because i haven't seen it yet) that Peter Jackson has once again done justice to a story by bringing it to the here and now.

He is pretty good at that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ever see meet the feebles by him or dead alive? great stuff. lol
    yes peter jackson is good at telling stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The Kong/Naomi rape scene was brutal.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    ever see meet the feebles by him or dead alive? great stuff. lol
    yes peter jackson is good at telling stories.
    Yeah, the Frighteners is a classic.

NOT.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Forgive MK, he is not a Peter Jackson fan. I think he harbors some deep-seeded affection for Hobbits and lashes out agaisnt anything related to them to repress his true inclinations.

If it doesn't carry a lightsaber or involve some guy named Neo, then MK isn't interested.

Back OT, I'm seeing Kong tonight and really looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I saw it last night.

**** good movie. The only gripe that I have, is that Kong doesn't show up one hour into the movie. Other than that, Naomi Watts was more than enough to keep me entertained until then.

Good movie, great CGI, and great realism. There are times when you don't doubt at all that he's a 25 foot ape. I love the seen where he laughs...

Anyways, I recommend it to anyone willing to sit for three hours in an uncomfortable chair. Someone does need to talk to PJ about the length of his movies though...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    Anyways, I recommend it to anyone willing to sit for three hours in an uncomfortable chair. Someone does need to talk to PJ about the length of his movies though...
    I like long movies as long as they are well-made. I also like the idea of waiting to show the goods. Builds suspense and anticipation. At least I like the idea in theory; we'll see how I feel tonight.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it.

The length is only an issue because of the theater. They have crappy seats. My butt was numb for half the movie.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it.

The length is only an issue because of the theater. They have crappy seats. My butt was numb for half the movie.
    Reclining seats in the new Regal here.

Lucky dog. I have to drive for forty five minutes for stadium seating and a reclining seat.

5 mins. Three story screens. It's a nice theatre, but it's one of the few perks to Knoxville. Regal is headquartered here in town and this is there newest, flagship theater.

My favorate Theater is a 5 minute drive from home as well. Classy place where instead of those **** commercials that get played before the previews there's a live organ player. Seriously Oldschool; the organ rises out of the orcistra pit and then lowerswhen he's done and the curtains open (yes they even have curtains!!!).

Great soundsystem and you can sit in the very first row and not have your face pressed up against the screen. There's enough room to slouch deeply in one's chair, stretch one's legs and enjoy the view....

Very classy place.

As for long movie's, I love'em... So long as they're good, I feel as though I get my $9 dollars worth. In the other multiplexes I'd have to hop over to another movie to feel as though I get my money's worth... especailly after being subjected to those insulting commercials.. or those **** slide shows!!!

The build up towards KONG's appearance felt fine to me. Help create a sence of absolute realism. The ending was just a tad rushed though. I would've liked a birds eye view of the path of distruction left behind at least.

I bet there'll be a 4 hour extended version out sometime next year.

I work in electronics at Wal-Mart, and we've already started carrying a four disc set with production notes, diaries, artwork and the like for King Kong. It has everything in it except for the movie.

Needless to say, we can't sell it without the movie. No one wants it.

Needless to say, we can't sell it without the movie. No one wants it.
    I'll wait for it to go on sale!

By the way, I loved the movie. I loved the character build up on the boat and the way it took its time getting to the island. I loved every second of Kong in new york. If I would have trimmed anything out of the movie, it would have been some of the island action. I thought the dino stampede and the bug pit were a bit too much. I would have kept them in concept, but toned them down a bit to add more realism to it.

Monkey Kung fu vs. the V-Rex was amazing. I loved how Kong fought.