Thread: Question from NYC

Question from NYC

I was planning to join Master Li Tai Liang school, but I just found out that Master Li is in China right now.

I am just wondering, does anybody know when Master Li will return to the state?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dleungnyc
    I was planning to join Master Li Tai Liang school, but I just found out that Master Li is in China right now.

I am just wondering, does anybody know when Master Li will return to the state?

Thanks in advance.
    Who is this teacher and where is the school at?
    MY SIFU - "Within stillness there is movement, within movement there is stillness; your whole body is full of circles; your body is three trunks / six harmonies; let your chi flow to your entire body; know your balance; your root guides the body movements; back erect; balance; yang flow down, yin flow up; east in the morning, west at evening; learn what is reasonable; you are holding a big ocean in your hands; everything is the same."

As I understand it not for quite some time but some his students teach on the island and I know of at least one other very good shanxi hsing i teacher in new york

Quote Originally Posted by fajinpower
    Who is this teacher and where is the school at?
    His name is Li Tai Liang and his school was in Corona.

Quote Originally Posted by beaudacious
    As I understand it not for quite some time but some his students teach on the island and I know of at least one other very good shanxi hsing i teacher in new york

Thanks, the other teacher you are referring to, is it Mr. David Bond Chan?

Not sure which hsing i bond chan teaches but I heard very good things about him. Ray who posts here is a student of his. Was referring to Wang Rengang. He teaches in Queens and manhatten

Quote Originally Posted by dleungnyc
    Thanks, the other teacher you are referring to, is it Mr. David Bond Chan?
    I heard that David Bond Chan does not teach or his school is closed. I been looking for a Xing-Yi school. Does anyone know any in NYC?

My master, David Bond Chan, is still teaching, just not commercially. He moved the school to his private training facility in Queens. The training now, for the past 8 or 9 months, has been much more focused. Most of the students are training for health, internal, and are growing strong. Me and one or two others are interested in fighting.

Definitely worth a look. I live in Long Beach Long Island. I love martial arts and am serious about fighting in the cage -- hopefully this summer. Recently, my car got wrecked. Lots of good schools close by, including the Serra Brothers..... last night I walked two miles to the bus, waiting 45 minutes for the bus, took the bus to the train, took the train to Queens and walked up the hill to train with my master for 2 yours and then repeated the equation getting me home near midnight ...... worth every step.

www.nycwushu.com

The Sifu is not only one of the greatest humble downt to earth guy I ever met but he was a champion of xingyi in china in 1987. He also offers other styles such as baji, bagua and pigua.

It's in Brooklyn though.

Now why can't you let me end it with a good word about my master?

hsing yee

Quote Originally Posted by beaudacious
    Not sure which hsing i bond chan teaches but I heard very good things about him. Ray who posts here is a student of his. Was referring to Wang Rengang. He teaches in Queens and manhatten
    bong chan teaches sung style shing yee i learning form one of his students at hiddenfist martial arts he teaches in queens aslo but also teaches bjj and judo mix with the kunfu he a black belt in bjj and judo teaches a mixture of the arts how the are similar so you can understand them better and its great school for people you want to really go to ring or the cage

[QUOTE=Mtal]I heard that David Bond Chan does not teach or his school is closed. I been looking for a Xing-Yi school. Does anyone know any in NYC?[/QUOTEdavid chan top student also teaches in queens he teaches xing yi ba gua and ichan he also a black belt in bjj and judo he teaches a mix of the ground and the standing of the kun fu arts and what they have incomen the school is great for people who want to learn real fighting for the ring or not
    Last edited by lag2ma; 01-31-2006 at 10:47 AM.