Thread: pants - best kungfu/ lounge around the house pants?

pants - best kungfu/ lounge around the house pants?

What do you guys like and wear?

I got some of those BLT kungfu pants that have the tie string waist and legs and I just find them very annoying at times. They are also too short in the leg for me (6 ft tall) but they only carry sizes M L XL etc.

Do you guys like the tie waist or the elastic waist bands?

Or should I just go out and buy some workout pants at ****'s sporting goods store?

thanks

Wu Shu pants are very comfortable, but I haven't been able to find a pair that has pockets. If that's not something you need, then they're fine.

CSP
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

I've always worn drawstring pants, but I recently got a set of custom silks from Superior, and they are the BEST kung fu pants I've ever worn, and they're just elasticated (despite it saying that it had elastic and drawstring when I ordered it ).
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

The North Face has some nice pants. Microfiber polyester, comfortable, flexible, and temperature regulating. Despite my garage being nearly frozen this time of year, I stay nice and warm in 'em.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

I use Jonie Uniforms 50/50 poly/cotton. Nice baggy look and very comfortable.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Adidas Track Pants.

Nice and baggy for preference.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I have these really nice skin tight latex...um, nevermind

I've been working out in the same pair of pants from Jonie Uniforms for 3 years now. I use them in Kung Fu and MMA. No holes or tears. They are just kind of faded.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Jonie's 100% cotton ones are the best I've found. I like that they don't have a super wide waistband.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

alright. for those of you who wear jonies what size should i get? XL? I wear 32x32 pants and I'm 6 feet tall. thanks
    Last edited by ไRui_Jingδ; 12-20-2005 at 01:20 AM.

draw string karate gi pants are cheap and abundant. also when you throw
    kicks the canvas doesn't stick to your knee and rip like jeans.
    they also make good sound effects. swish, swish, swish

Best kung fu pants ever

Bei jing imports the best pants and are one hundred percent cotton the fabrick of our lives. oh yea check out Pheonix also

Best Kung Fu Pants

Hi Guys,
    Just been reading this thread with some interest.

I had real issues with buying 'off the peg' kung fu trousers in shops, etc. Mainly because they seem to cater for the shorter person, plus the material is usually of a lower quality than I prefer.

However, when I was Guangzhou in 2004. I took the oportunity to have some sample trousers made by giving the tailor a pair of trousers that I already had and told him that I need the new trousers to be longer in the leg, as well as what sort of style I wanted them in not to mention the material, plus sashes included.

Anyway to cut a long story short. I ended up with the best kung fu trousers ever... 100% heavy duty cotton, to the style of my choice, and they longer in the legs in order to cater for us westerners!

However, the best part of this was the price... tailoring and material for just one of trousers and sash came to £4.00 per trouser.

So I guess my point here is: I personally believe that if you can find a dress maker / tailor that could make the trousers for you at a good deal then you cant go wrong!

Regards
    Dave Stevens