I had the opportunity of visiting http://www.babutanglang.com. It is a nicely designed website and very informative. I comment the site developers on a job well done.

There were some impressive old rare video clips of the late Grand Master Wei and his student (Master Wang Jie).

One clip that stands out is Grand Master Wei performing 摘要一路拳 (zhai yao yi lu quan). Grand Master Wei in his 80’s was still performing with great speed and power. It reminded me of when Master Shyun was teaching me that same fist form. Master Shyun performed the fist form movements exactly as how Grand Master Wei was performing it in the video clip. I am proud to be part of the 8 Step traditional lineage that was taught to me and my other classmates by Grand Master Shyun and him by the late Grand Master Wei.

To all my 8 Step family, let us all continue to form a common goal and help proliferate the 8 Step Preying Mantis style as was started by the late Grand Master Wei and continuing by the present Grand Master Shyun.