Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Late Grand Master Wei & Present Grand Master Shyun

commoner who is feuding i feel that we are all exchanging a good deal of information and filling in some blanks that alot of us had. I mean chaotic actually gave sifu haley the name of another 8 step master and sifu haley has answered all my questions very graciouslly.

Old8step,

Please spend some time read all related 8 Step archived articles until now, you will see a pattern. It is not just within Shyun's school, but with Shyun's kung fu brothers' students as well.

old8step.
    perhaps I did not explian myself correctly. I did not mean to impose that there are no others out there that did not learn from dean, were not high ranked or anything else.

I said that none of those old time students opened there own school and promoted others to shrfu level. of the many students high ranking included from irving street please list the shrfu's.
    then list any that opened their own school, then list the ones whom actually taught others to shrfu level.

there are none other than dean in the US.

chaoticmantis.
    there are many shrfus that shyun ranked and certified that are no longer listed on his 8 step site myself included.... WHY???? becuse we left the federation and stopped paying ridiculous fess, and dues. if you had opend your own school you would understand why 11 of his shrfus left his federation for thier own personal reasons. And if i remeber correctly you were never listed on his site am i correct? when I was listed you name was never mentioned other than the letter you had written in chinese he found in the garbage...
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Mr. Haley,

I don't know about those crazy rumors back years ago.

I grew up here as a child and my chinese is so bad I could bearly write my name in chinese let alone write a letter. I was born in Hong Kong, not Taiwan. The only time I was in Taiwan was with Master Shyun and his students back in '88 for a Tai Chi tournament.

Like I said in a previous post I chose to be inactive until now. Anybody can verify this with Master Shyun. Again, I am now listed as an active instructor. That should solve your mystery.

I know you are not tainwanese. but you are familar with the letter I am talking about? it was Shrfu that told me the story. I told you I have a vidoe of you in the irving street of him teaching you the sets 5-9 then he told me you wrtoe a letter to your old shrfu. Is that rumor? or is shyun lieing? I hold nothing against you but I have been active in teh federation for some time and much has changed. if you are listed you will have to promote 5 studetns a year for the shrfu program and send him a check for 25,000 mark my words.

then you must purchase all your sashes, certificats and dues to him to supposedly pay for flights and lodging to the yearly sifu camp.......... then you sleep on the floor of the school so bring a sleping bag my friend....
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Michael,

I don't know the letter you are talking about because I never wrote one. My chinese is terrible. As for the rumor I don't know, but that was the past. I am more concern about today.

When I first spoke to him, I asked him for permission for me to teach my son and nephew because of their interest in martial arts. I told him I have no interest in opening a school, but that these 2 would eventual want to open a school someday. Sifu told me that he wanted to make if official and put my picture on the website. So that is part of my story of getting involve with the federation.

I never asked him to make me an instructor. Sifu gave me a certificate because he felt that I learned and trained enough to become a proficient instructor. Also I have helped him teach some of the classes in the old days.

I don't know about this large amount of money that you are talking about. But like you said I will find out. I will update all of you.

Regards,

Shyun

ED,

After thinking about it, I would have to agree with you to some extend. After reading ChaoticMantis's post, I think he is quite honest about his involvement of 8 step.

Then this leads me to believe that Shyun might be the root of his lies. It does not make sense when you said that Shyun kick Kin out of the school and then he was able to go back to Shyun.

Kin is too much of a traditionist protecting his teacher even when there are good amount of evidences out in the open exposing Shyun. Either that or he is a real sucker for Shyun.

I dont want to make judgments about anyone only state my personal view and facts that I have come to find.

I cant speak for Kin and his reasons but I too stood behind and backed up Shyun for a number of years even when things were brought out into the light. Untill recently were my eyes opened adn my posistion changed.

As far as the old school was concerned......

Originally back in the day the only way you were certified to be a Shrfu and taught the "real stuff" by Shyun was if you promised to open your own school , promote the system and teach others to the level of Shrfu.

This he said was his way of not letting 8 step die. Great! no problem.

If you promised to open your school you were put under his wing. This seemed innocent and held value,and made me feel loved by him as a father to a son.

years later his ulterior motives showed and were to get rich of this plan.

If you wanted to lean for yourself you were treated differently becuse he knew you would never open a school, teach others and enroll students into the shrfu program. This was what happened to Kinmak robert, Bruce, ashid, Danny and others.

He wanted a school in every state. 50 schools x 100.00 dues per month =5,000 per month then 5,000 for shrfu program =25,000 per school per shrfu thats 125,000 per year plus sashes and certificates at 40.00 a pop adds up to a lot of money.100's of thousands..OK it seemd like a great goal.

Then wanted to build "mantis mountain" a resort for students and family.

This also semed like a great vision........... until the first shrfu camp then the real deal came out. and the colors were shown.

The 100.00 per month for dues per school. 16 active schools = 1,600.00 per month X a year 19,200.00 was put away for travel, dinners and lodging expenses for all attendies which was stated on the letter sent out from Edward drimmer the ACMAF secretary........... then we had to pay for the flight he ordered a party pizza and everyone slept on the floor of the school were the shrfu camp was held.

what happened to the 19,000 dollars????? that was just the first year!

If what I said is not 100 % true of that year or what I have said I challange any active shrfu that was there tell me something different!

Many people still pay and beleive in this vision but most the the older/smarter non brainwashed students were shocked, flabbergasted, and felt cheated myself included obviously, and we all got together and talked about what transpired... since then most have wised up and seen past the facsade and left the ACMAF.

I wish him luck in his dreams I just hope its not at the expense of others innocents and pocket books....

what are MA lessons worth to you ??????
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 01-07-2006 at 10:15 AM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan