Thread: Natural Boxing Article

Natural Boxing Article

Hi all

In the latest edition of Kung Fu mag there was an article on Natural Boxing by Master Liu De Ming, just wondered what people thought of the article.

Greetings

Black Tiger,

I didn't get to see the whole article myself, but did get a chance to breifly overlook it. My Shifu, Cai Ying Xia was a private disciple of Master Wan Lai Sheng while in Fujian. Shifu Cai now lives in the U.S.A. (St.Louis, Missouri) where he teaches a group of private students. Two years ago Shifu Cai and myself openned the So. Illinois school where I teach full-time. We offer Fujian Shaolin, Tongbeiquan, Changquan, Ziranmen, Tanglongquan, Yang and Sun Taijiquan, Bagua, Xingyi, as with a few other specialty styles. Other than Ziranmen (Wan Lai Sheng), Shifu Cai trained the other styles with his father Cai Ruo Shui and Zhuang Zi Shen (Grandmasters).

Did your school or teacher write the article for Ziranmen? I have given my shifu your website address, he's interested in reading your site. What did you think about the article.

Ron.

Hello,

Yes the master wrote the article.

As for the article I think its the first time that there has been an article on Liu He Zi Ran Men (Natural Boxing) that has given an really accurate look as to what its all about.

Sounds like your teacher does some great stuff. Hey I would not be suprised at all if Master Liu knows of your Shifu.
    Last edited by Blacktiger; 12-19-2005 at 11:06 PM.

Hey BlackTiger!

I finally got to read the entire article... Very good. I like how the internal/external was addressed, very important. My Shifu wasn't familiar with Shifu Liu, but did know Shifu Hong. This happens though. You can ask your teacher if he knows Cai Ying Xia, maybe there's a connection there. Shifu Cai trained with Shifu Wan in Fujian. I don't know, maybe they just didn't meet, lol. I hope to have our website up sometime after the 1st of the year, fingers crossed. Trying to do it myself . Ok, I'd like to stay in contact. I'ts hard to find Ziranmen stylist.

Talk to you later.
    Citong Shifu (Ron).

Hi there

Sorry been away on holidays.

Yeah that sounds great. I will ask Master Liu in relation to your Shifu, and yes stay in touch.

Naturally

We ran *two* articles on Natural Boxing recently. The first was The Natural
    Interview with Ziranmen Master Lin Qingsong
    By Chen PengCheng in our Sep Oct 2005. That one drew some very positive response, so when Liu Deming's Zi Ran Men Wu Gong - Natural Gate Wu Shu/Martial Arts/Boxing crossed my desk, it was perfect timing for the Jan Feb 2006 issue. I'm glad to hear y'all enjoyed that one. I love the picts of Grandmaster Wan Lia Sheng, and Master Liu has a strong empty stance (not to mention he'd make a great model for a Feiyue ad ).

I'm very happy to see Natural Boxing garnering an audience amongst our readership and am looking forward to more submissions from that camp!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart