Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's the difference between Shuai Chiao and Judo?

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster

Sifu Dave,

I've got you on the whole belly/back thing. I was just getting more at "for whatever reason, they chose this rule, and the assumptions behind it aren't spectacularly bad."
    Yeah, I even said, getting slammed either way hurts equally
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    On water, a judo throw would hurt more

lol
    true
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Yeah, I even said, getting slammed either way hurts equally
    No doubt. I wonder why they decided a face down throw doesn't count?

Eh. It's all fun!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    No doubt. I wonder why they decided a face down throw doesn't count?

Eh. It's all fun!
    I've always been curious about that myself.

Of course, I'm also curious as to why turtling invalidates sweeps, passes, and takedowns in ADCC... I think just about every sportive format has some weirdness to it that "made sense at the time".
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I may have missed this in the previous posts but the auxilliary training in Shuai Jiao is quite extensive and varied---tree hanging, big pole training, pole wrapping---weighted training, pulleys with weights attached etc. etc.. I also think there is a type of stance training---

Johnny Wang is one of the experts on Shuai Jiao and he posts quite a bit on EF and could detail this..

I don't know if Judo employes this type of old style, traditional auxilliary training or not.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

John Wang is here, lurking about
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....