View Poll Results: Would You Train Drunken Kung Fu?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep.

24 77.42%
  • Nope.

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunken Boxing / Drunken Kung Fu

Jeff Liboiron Guest

has anybody here studied Drunken Boxing?

also is there any famous drunken boxers i could read about?

The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you

respectmankind Guest
    No, but I always found it interesting, and 'want' to someda y.

"Alright you primative screw heads listen up, see this, this is my BOOM STICK! 12 gauge double barrel Rimington, S-Marts top of the line. You can find this in a sporting goods department. Thats right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails about, 109.95, its got a walnut stock, kolbolt blue steal, and a hair trigger. Thats right, shop smart, shop S-Mart, YOU GOT THAT?!? Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me..." - Bruce Campbell, Army of Darkness.

Starchaser107 Guest
    not really , I have a little bit of drunken boxing in a spear form , but it is taught at my school.

"everything is everything"

Drunken Boxing

Anyone know of any good sites that has information about Drunken Boxing (pictures, history, video, whatever)? Thanks.

(and yes I have seen the 3 videos at furiousg.com with drunken boxing and the mantis vs drunken video there).

PHILBERT

Drunken Kung Fu Style

Does anyone know where one can learn such a style? I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area and wish to learn this style. Also, where can i find out information on schools in my area that are accredited, or have long lineage. I am new to this artform, and not sure if the school I wish to persue is a good one. Thanks!
    :daniel merk
    <-P+K --Shun Di

This question was once asked this forum and confusing answer was that no-one really knew if there is drunken style school on the whole world.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

I'm not going to disregard the possiblity that somewhere, at some time there was an entire style dedicated to the Drunken kung fu, BUT I will state what I know and what I've learned.

I don't practice the drunken form, not yet at least. There are no students in my school who know any of the drunken forms and my sifu doesn't teach it.

Drunken Style, from my understanding, is a misconception. Drunken Kung Fu is a form. Many schools have it. I know for a fact that Wah Lum, as I am a student of Wah Lum Pai, has a drunken form as many other systems do as well.

If you're looking into learning a drunken form, ask the sifu in any of the schools you check out if there is a form. Also understand that the drunken form is generally a very advanced form and requires sick flexibility to perform correctly. It's not something you'll learn for a while.

edit: holy cow... I just looked at my registration date. 1970?!?! I've been a member of KFO's forums for longer than I've been a live.
    Last edited by Mantis_Hand; 03-04-2002 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks for all of your input. I will stick to learning before I desire to get ahead of my self. Makes sence.

:-)
    <-P+K --Shun Di

I get drunk and practice kung fu. Therefore I practice drunken kung fu. Feel free to come to my school
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

mmuuuuuauaaaaaa!
    <-P+K --Shun Di

Originally posted by daniel_merk
    Thanks for all of your input. I will stick to learning before I desire to get ahead of my self. Makes sence.

:-)
    my broken whiskey bottle technique can beat your drunken kung fu!

12. Just like before,I donīt know much about that.
    But as you are a new member,I would like to make sure you see this thread.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...little+drunken
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    There should be a Hung Fot (Fut) School in Ohio. That systm has a drunken set which seems to be one of the highlihgts of the System. -ish Very good.
    There are four lights...ž impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Question Drunken Gung-Fu// Cotton In Needle Training

many styles have these, i know hunggar has these, i know lions roar tibet gf has these, and i think choy li fut and bak mei even have these.

What is thier trianing purpose, and what is the history as many styles have the same makeup kit who started this?.
    If You Please

Drunken Kung Fu

I have a couple of questions about the drunken boxing form. There is this roll in it that requires you to kinda do a hand spring, i think the actual move is called a "head kick" cause you're like in a headstand and you have to land on your feet. I'm having difficulty doing this move, anyone have any tips on how i can do it? And my teacher said drunken boxing is useless in a real fight, what do you all think? Thanks for all your help.