Thread: Sifu David Chin, Fayetteville, NC

Sifu David Chin, Fayetteville, NC

Anyone studied under him and if so what is your opinion?

I haven't met the man, but I've heard excellent things. He is one of the few cma teachers who has produced students that have had some ring success.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

David Chin

I did a cover story on David Chin in our Jul/Aug 06 issue - Keeping Secrets: Grandmaster David Chin's Legacy of Hop Gar Rebels and Guang Ping Tai Chi Revolutionaries.

I saw David and his #1 student Chris Heintzman at the Eagle Cup last weekend. We went out to lunch earlier in the week. It was great to see them as always. Chris introduced me to my current fav beer a few years ago. You can't be a better buddy than that.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I did a cover story on David Chin in our Jul/Aug 06 issue - Keeping Secrets: Grandmaster David Chin's Legacy of Hop Gar Rebels and Guang Ping Tai Chi Revolutionaries.

I saw David and his #1 student Chris Heintzman at the Eagle Cup last weekend. We went out to lunch earlier in the week. It was great to see them as always. Chris introduced me to my current fav beer a few years ago. You can't be a better buddy than that.
    That is an awesome article gene.

I recommend David CHin HIGHLY
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

David Chin has come to the Hall of Fame tournaments for a number of years. His students are very able fighters and his guang ping taijiquan is one of the best I have ever seen. He is also a very personable gentleman and overall seems like a great guy to learn from.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

"Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

That first link above is from our 10th Anniversary Gala

For the professionally shot version, see our KungFu Qigong Magazine Gala Benefit Feature Masters' Exhibitions DVD. Proceeds from the sale of this DVD go to benefit our non-profit arm, the Tiger Claw Foundation.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I took a few seminars from him at this past year's Taiji Legacy. He is one of the most phenomenal masters I have been fortunate enough to train with.
    Mark

David Chin live streaming a lesson

I just got this press release:
    Sifu's Ustream webcast will be on Thursday evening at 9:30 pm EST, as Chris had told us. THAT'S 6:30 WEST COAST!!!!!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/discovery/even...ifu+david+chin

The Ustream name of Sifu's Show is "Tai Chi Chuan and Qi Gong with Sifu David Chin". The scheduled event name is "Wisdom Fire Post Posture and Single Hand Push Hands". There is no password necessary.

The topics to be covered are:
    • The Fall Intensive
    • Wu Chi Posture/Fire Posting - Sifu will lead us through
    • Single hand push hands

Sounds really great, doesn't it!

"See" you all tomorrow evening
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

wow thats awesome. good thing my computer faces my training area at home!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.