Thread: inspirational martial art vid.

inspirational martial art vid.

this is one of the most inspirational and inspiring martial art vids...i have it as an mp3...and listen to it when im at the gym: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llxNdh7NBbM

This is the fourth time I've seen an "inspiring" video with that same guru story as a narrative. It's a pretty nice tribute video to Buakaw though.

I saw a video with the motivational speaker who gave that speech a few weeks ago.

I wonder how many "success coaches" are rich because they sell courses teaching others how to be successful.

Reminds me of the real estate gurus who make their money from selling courses and seminars, not by actually investing in real estate - which is what they claim to be experts at.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    I saw a video with the motivational speaker who gave that speech a few weeks ago.

I wonder how many "success coaches" are rich because they sell courses teaching others how to be successful.

Reminds me of the real estate gurus who make their money from selling courses and seminars, not by actually investing in real estate - which is what they claim to be experts at.
    the point of motivational speakers is to motivate...so if they do their job, they earned their pay.

Extrinsic motivation confuses me.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    the point of motivational speakers is to motivate...so if they do their job, they earned their pay.
    Fair enough.

As long as it's not a motivational seminar disguised as a "learn how to do [something]" course that is high on motivation and low on actual information.

I think my real estate guru example was slightly misplaced.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Even more inspiring...

is this fight from Buakaw in K1. He gets hammered and comes back to win...

The color announcer is hilarious too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=78NDo4brtdk
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost