Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: OT: Evolution vs intelligent design

Greetings..

Great dialogue JP and Scott.. an enterprising observer could glean enough meterial from this forum to write several good books.. wait! (note to self, write a book..) Thanks to both of you for consistently insightful and thought provoking posts.. this thread is particularly interesting as it examines the relationship between the thinker and the thought, between reality and relativity (not that there's a difference, perhaps).. Scott's insight:
    I would prefer to learn to change my perceptions first, this will influence the way I interpret my projected construction of reality. It isn’t the projected construction that gives our life value and meaning, but how we choose to interpret it! When I learn to change my perceptions with fluidity it won’t matter what the construction happens to be, I am free at all times!!!
    goes to the core of the human experience and to the core of CMA.. reality is confined only by our own self-imposed limitations of perception.. a maxim i trust is: the universe responds to our every desire according to the degree we actually believe it will.. or, as a wise enlightened being once said, "ask believing, and it is already done".. As for CMA, to the degree we believe our training works, it works.. if it's not working we need to examine our own beliefs and intentions..

Linking Creationism to ID is a mistake.. even the notion of a "supreme being" is a limitation of perspective.. if we are, as i suppose, each parts of a greater whole.. we are no less than the whole except to the degree we choose to be or are indoctrinated to be.. ancient sages realized this and ancient entrepeneurs capitalized on the manipulation of this insight.. There are no cosmic puppeteers, we steer our own ships and judge our own destinies.. we do this through our deeds and intentions, the consequences are the rewards and punishments.. and, the consequences are generally obvious, to the degree we are willing to critically pay attention..

oops, random thoughts.. Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

ID is actually a more recent train of thought. Piggy backing on the fact that evolution has goten so popular ID believers use evolution as proof that their must have been a god. There was actually a really good article on this topic in the New York times a couple monthes ago. I recommend to all interested that they check the times web site.
    "...When I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me..."
    Deuteronomy 32:41

the truth is. the ID theory probably has existed in some form or another for thousands of years separate from religion. even before the Greek philosophers got around to the subject. i believe it existed before the common religious concept of god and that ID got dumb downed and misinterpreted into the notion of the cosmic dictator that we have today.

its too bad that the religions with the worst interpretations of the idea are the most popular.... "if you can describe god then your not really describing god". they seem to forget that easy enough. its pretty twisted when you meet christians that believe their god wants them to be filthy rich among other things...... i was actually involved in a conversation about that.....

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin