Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lau Bun's Choy Lee Fut in Japan!

Blog Entries

Lau Bun's Choy Lee Fut in Japan!

I would like to say that Professor Lau Bun's Hung Sing Kwoon has a new location in the Kansai area of Japan with our newest representative Sifu John Aogishi.

anyone interested in contacting this school can send me a pm and i will forward you all the information. or email me at: sifufrank@gmail.com

thanks.

Here is a contact for a CLF practitioner in Japan also!

http://koushoukan.jp/choi_lei_fut.htm

enjoy
    FT

Blog Entries
    cool,

we're family with strong roots to Fut San Hung SIng Kwoon.

peace.

This teacher is from Chui Kwon line, but he is teaching 18 hands of luohan from the Chan family CLF. Just wonder where he get it.

Mabye he learned from people. . . . . . like, people in the Chan Family? Mabye?

J/K I'm just trying to be an ass on purpose.

But seriously he might have not listed that in his lineage chart.

It seems that school is very self-defense oriented, and I really hate the belt system, but whatever, if they're the real deal than A-OK with me.

Edit:

I see Tam Sam in his lineage chart. . . . is he Buk Sing then?

Blog Entries
    chui kwon yuen's father chui chueng was originally a student of Tam Sam, who eventually sent him to another teacher of higher generation.

basically, he is both hung sing and buk sing yet in the end both are still Hung SIng lineage of Jeong Yim.

hsk

that's pretty awesome, i'm wonderin if he's givin those JMA a run for their money?
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

Blog Entries
    how ya doin there mysteri?

yeah, i hope our choy lee fut goes well over there.

what are you involved in? ma wise?

hsk

hey HSK,

i train jow ga(hung tao choy mei) under Sifu Hoy K. Lee(www.jowgakungfu.com) in southeast Virginia. i like to follow a bit of CLF since it's kinda similar to jow ga. a lot of CLF schools are known to dish out pretty good fighters and i think that's important to establish over there in japan as well. they already have a lot of well-respected JMA, i'm jus hopin that the "Sai Ri Futsu" guys over there are reppin' well for us . i'm sure they are as well. i have a Hung Ga friend out that way(Sifu Mike Goodwin) and he seems pretty eager to meet ya some time soon. hopefully i'll have the chance one day myself.

Blog Entries
    isn't that hella funny....

SAI RI Futsu............Sai ri futsu.......i am a student of the Sai Ri Futsu school. LOL

I know i should clown their language but compared to Choy Lee FUt, Sai Ri Futsu sounds darn funny.

where is sifu goodwin at? In the bay area here?

Are you in virginia now?

hsk

Sai Ri Futsu is the Japanese reading of the Chinese Characters of Choi Lei Fut. Im sure it sounds strange to people who are not used to it, like Kou Shou Kan (Hung Sing Koon).

But, Sai Ri Futsu sounds like the mandarin Tsai Li Fo. The Japanese language has no "L" sound thus Ri instead of Li, and words cannot end in consonants thus Futsu instead of Fut. Not that different actually.

In China, people say Toi Keun Do (tae kwon do), Hung Sau Do (karate), Yau Do (judo), Hap Hei Do (aikido), Bok Gik (boxing), etc. Just the way Cantonese translates these styles names, nothing intended.

Kou Shou Kan has been in Japan since 2000. It is not an easy matter for a Chinese Martial Art to be taught in Japan... especially for a western teacher. But the style has taken strong root and students of the academy have competed in several open competitions in the last 2 years, with no losses yet. It is drawing interest, as it is uncommon for such an art to be seen in Japan, especially in competitions, and has been featured in 2 Japanese magazines.
    Hung Sing Koon of Japan
    http://koushoukan.jp/

Blog Entries
    Are you the Shihan for the school in japan kei lun?

tell me, so far how well has japan embraced choy lee fut?

are you familiar with the Kansai area of japan?

hsk

hey hsk,

yeah, sifu goodwin(u might have met him as Daifong on other forums) is in the Bay area. yes, i'm in Virginia now where i train and live.

kei lun,

thanx for the input. very interesting information.

Blog Entries
    mysteri,

cool. do you know wher in the bay area he stays?

so whats the MA scene like in virginia? do you have a small or good size of various martial arts there? what is the most popular one there?

frank

hsk

i'm actually not quite sure whereabouts. at any rate, i think he might be contacting u some time within the next few weeks to make a formal introduction and meet up.

virginia MA scene? well, i'm in southeast virginia(like virginia beach/norfolk area) so there's not much happenin here much along the lines of CMA, but of course u can't throw a rock and not hit a TKD school(or a church, lol). there's no local chinatown(closest one is prolly Washington, DC) and we're definitely not as culturally diverse as somewhere like san fran or NYC. only thing we have goin for us is that we're a military town, so if it weren't for that(and the tourists), we prolly wouldn't have much here, lol. MMA is growin more popular, but nuttin major really. we typically travel out of town to go to any worthwhile tournaments.