Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Weapons for now

Never underestimate the power of a wooden spoon.

Getting back to throwing cards...

House of flying cards: Incredible moment Kung fu master flicks his aces so fast they pierce beer cans

An astonishing video shows Zhou Chaofeng's impressive card skills
    He can flick them out of his hand so fast they can pierce a beer can
    The martial arts master has been training for 11 years to perfect technique

By FRANCIS SCOTT FOR MAILONLINE VIDEO
    PUBLISHED: 18:32 EST, 19 September 2016 | UPDATED: 04:02 EST, 20 September 2016

A deck of playing cards is definitely not something you would expect to see in the arsenal of a Kung fu warrior.
    But in the hands of this martial arts master it could be just as deadly as the double-edged sword or the flying dagger.
    An astonishing video shows Zhou Chaofeng flicking cards so fast out of his hand he can pierce a beer can.
    'Kung-fu master' opens cans by throwing playing cards at them

An astonishing video shows Zhou Chaofeng throwing cards so fast he can pierce a beer can

The footage, taken in Mianyang, Sichuan Province on August 11, shows Chaofeng launching the cards across great distances, and at rapid speed.
    Amazingly he then throws them at bottles of beer, causing the liquid to spray out from the side.
    The martial artist has practiced flying cards for 11 years alongside Kung fu.
    Perhaps he should challenge magician Rick Smith Jr from the US, who holds the world record for the ****hest throw.

The footage, taken in Mianyang, Sichuan Province on August 11, shows Chaofeng launching the cards across great distances

In December 2002 he launched one over 65 metres (216 feet) at a speed of just under 92mph, making it the fastest ever throw too.
    The speed of Chaofeng's throws could lead some to suggest they could be used to kill or seriously injure someone.
    But it would have to be a perfect eye-shot to cause any damage, as playing cards lack the mass to deeply cut into human tissue.

The martial artist has practiced flying cards for 11 years alongside Kung fu

Amazingly he throws cards at bottles of beer, causing the liquid to spray out from the side

Perhaps he should challenge magician Rick Smith Jr from the US, who holds the world record for the ****hest throw

Anyone here ever read Ricky Jay's Cards as Weapons? It's out of print now, but it is - in my humble opinion - one of the best martial arts books ever written. Anyone who has read it surely feels me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I once saw a street magician, after a performance, when no one else was looking, throw one of his cards with a horizontal motion, but in a bored manner, then he started packing his stuff. I kept watching that card. It kept on spinning but flying at a slightly upward angle in a straight trajectory. I don't recall any wind. It kept on going straight over a 3-story building and kept going upwards at that same angle, like when an airplane takes off. I kept watching it until it flew out of sight. I still can't figure out how he did that. Maybe it's easy to do with the right technique, IDK. I've never seen anyone else do that. He never looked back at the card, and I'm not sure why he did that.

Women's Accessories

An Interesting Line from Pink Defense Weapons

SMART PHONE STUN GUN 12,000,000 VOLTS
    Name:  smart phone stun gun.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  38.8 KB

PINK 3 MILLION VOLT LIPSTICK STUN GUN - RECHARGEABLE
    Name:  lipstick stun gun.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  15.4 KB

CAT DEFENDER PRETTY PINK DEFENSE KEY CHAIN from roseguardian
    Name:  cat keychain.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  38.6 KB

The cat defender is not inconspicuous and illegal in some states where "knuckledusters" are banned and some people had trouble taking it through airports.
    You take your chances either way.
    "顺其自然"

ttt 4 2019!

You have to follow the link to see the embedded vid. This kid is no Ricky Jay, but he's got skillz.

CHINA
    Kung fu prodigy can cut fruit by throwing cards

02:22
    by Wynn Wang

An 11-year-old boy from central China’s Henan province has wowed hundreds of thousands of people online with his incredible card skills.

The boy, Wang Kai, can throw cards with so much force that they cut fruit and vegetables.

Wynn Wang
    Wynn is a contributor to Inkstone. She is social video producer at South China Morning Post.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart