Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore

Hardcore

http://media.putfile.com/Silat-conditioning

so ya think your a tuff guy ?
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

E!

Thats funny! The second guy got poked in the stomache pretty good. When the guy went to shake hands I thought he was going to fall back and throw up! haha

This stuff is just soooooo bad for the body! Its even making them worst for fighting! Look at their facial expression because of the stopped breath/tension. They tense up to block the pain making the body one big dead brick.

Now! The big question is;;;;;;

Can we crack/break that shell?

Peace,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando
    This stuff is just soooooo bad for the body! Its even making them worst for fighting! Look at their facial expression because of the stopped breath/tension. They tense up to block the pain making the body one big dead brick.

Can we crack/break that shell?

Jim is right about that! Its good to train to absorb shock, but it should be done by exhaling and relaxing upon impact to smoothly distribute the force....not by holding the breath and tensing up! This creates what is known as a "valsalva" response that increases your intra-abdominal pressure as well as your intra-thecal pressure. This is what leads to hernias as well as spinal disc problems. But no need to "crack" the shell. Knowing how to deliver "shock" to a person that doesn't know how to absorb it properly allows you to "insert" the force past the external shell.

Keith

Kieth,

Are you stalking me!

WCK is famous for the ability to Break or Crack the vest. A lot of arts place heavy attention on the Golden Bell or Gum Gok stuff. Even a good weight lifter can tense up his body enough to bounce off mosts punches. With the Gum Gok guys its more than a thin layer covering the outside. There insides are really hardened.

But no need to "crack" the shell.

Have you ever met anyone with a developed "vest"?

Knowing how to deliver "shock" to a person that doesn't know how to absorb it properly allows you to "insert" the force past the external shell.

Ok! But we are not talking about people who dont know how to absorb it. These types of people, and others, do know how to absorb it thru their own way/training of course.

Regards,
    Jim

Reminds me of the good old days.

The youthful illusion of immortality and indestructibility is a powerful thing.

Regards,
    - kj
    "It's all related." - me

I think Curly head's is more conditioned. I've seen bombs exploded right at Curly's feet and the chubby guy still running.

That's kind of nasty. The music's pretty cool though. Is this really a traditional form of training/conditioning in wing chun?

Quote Originally Posted by syn
    That's kind of nasty. The music's pretty cool though. Is this really a traditional form of training/conditioning in wing chun?

no it's silat , but people like to see different idea's of conditioning in MA
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

I think while some of that stuff maybe helpful, alot of it is way to harsh and can cause long term damage to the body.

Like Jim said, they were using muscle tension to absorb the punishment, the incorrect way.

One of the Silat masters in the States, Rudy TerLinden (I think that is how you spell it), his teachers would have him soaking in a barrel full of Jow at the end of the day as part of his training, toughning his skin I guess.

James

Looks like they are trying to prepare themselves for some stick lessons from Dale (Knifefighter)........

Imagine those guys putting up with ten years of that cr@p, -then a Jiu Jitsu school opens up next door. -Every time they fight, the JJ guys just; takedown, lock, and choke (no strikes). -Just think how pi$$ed they'd be at their guru / teacher for putting them through all of that for nothing.

I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

Personally I think the guy who took all that punishment in the face would winf a fight. But only because no matter how horrible beat up he is and how hurt he get's he'll just put all the pain behind him and ckeep going. Which will probably get him pretty messed up.

Oh yeah and when the video reaches 5 minutes there's that little kid, and it looks like the sifu is going to break the kids chest bone or something. I kind of feel sorry for the kid.

So who on this thread actual has hit or fought someone who does some flavor of iron body?

Keith?

Jim?

There's a really simple solution to 'iron body', one I've discussed with one fairly competent practitioner of the system who could use his skills under full contact as well as static conditions, one which *doesn't* appeal to hoping your 'proper method of applying force' can work on a species of practioner so hard to find that's it would be nigh impossible to regularly test and hone that skill, and which works even on that more common species of 'tough son of b*tch who doesn't care if it hurts'.

The solution?

CURB STOMP

There's not need to make it any more complicated than that- control position, put the guy's head on something hard, apply repeated strikes until head breaks. Problem f*ckin' solved.

And James- when exactly did you become an expert on the right or wrong way to take a shot?

The clip is goofy, but the commentary is getting ridiculous.

Andrew

That's pretty brutal man. If a fight ever escalated that much I'd have to back up out, I don't want to go doing somethign stupid.

Hello,

Yes! I have spar with those people! The old stomp or eye flick or groin slap! Of course those things work. Not that easy against a tough fighter. Actually, if you have a guy on the ground and his head is against curb I think you are in a favorable position that your refined power should be able to finish him without the Bruce Lee jumping on the guys head in Enter The Dragon scene finish but it all depends on the situation and heat of the moment. Sorry! It came to mind!

A lot of these types of arts tend to give you full frontal tagets to come after knowing they can take the punishment.

If WCK develops Chuk Geng and Chuk Geng is present everywhere then what would be the out of the norm if your body only issues Chuk Geng? I think you believe it is something that is not the norm and something that gets pulled out of a hat for special occassion. Inch Shock is nothing odd. So, I guess we agree with each other then since I also agree:

which *doesn't* appeal to hoping your 'proper method of applying force' can work on a species of practioner

Nothing is desgined for specific purpose or species as that would mean you need to think. Inch Shock is what it is. What we develop.

Peace,
    Jim