Thread: fitness programs

Question fitness programs

Has anyone here tried either the combat conditioning program by matt furey, or the spartan health program?
    if so how did you find them in regards to fitness? did you gain or lose muscle size and strenght compared to weight training?
    and where they easy to follow

Matt Furey is a really a business man who loves to make money with orientalism gimicks in my opinion. As a past unhappy consumer, I will not never purchase anything from him again. I have read, own, and sold his Comabt Fitness book. I sold it because of its low quality production value and the information was not worth the cost. You can basically get the same information for free on the net. His rep isn't as solid if you do the research. If you are interested in body weight conditioning, then check out www.trainforstrength.com . I highly recommend Coach Fisher's body weight routine. I wish you the best in your training.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

I second a nomination for www.trainforstrength.com and denounce Furey as the scam-artist he is.

Another great program is either the 12-week Navy SEAL Workout or Maximum Fitness. Both are written by Stew Smith is obviously a former a SEAL and even wrote their indoc course to prep new recruits for BUD/S. His stuff is available at Amazon, but you can get it directly and participate in his forum at www.getfitnow.com.

If you want BWE (body weight exercise) only, then you will gain little muscle and little maximal strength in comparison to weight lifting. Depending on your goals, this can be unimportant and BWE is a great way to develop a well-rounded fitness base that can then be supplemented with weight lifting.

BTW, Stew Smith's Maximum Fitness is a book that has a full year's worth of programs in it. He cycles from a prep phase, to heavy bwe/cardio phase, to a mixed bwe/weight phase, to a heavy weight lifting phase.

^ I agree with what Ford and Foo said.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    LOL

I wonder if Furey felt all those biotch slaps through the ether.

fwiw, another vote for Fish
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Smile

interesting thanks guys i will check that web site out for sure

Enter to WIN our latest sweepstakes offering!

Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for BLACK BELT FITNESS FOR LIFE Autographed by Grandmaster Tae Sun Kang!!! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 8/20/15.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

anyone who pays money to learn BODYWEIGHT exercise is a moron

does anyone know if matt fureys stone lock and stone ball books were legit, i remember their internet ad from my teen days
    Last edited by bawang; 08-16-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    anyone who pays money to learn BODYWEIGHT exercise is a moron

does anyone know if matt fureys stone lock and stone ball books were legit, i remember their internet ad from my teen days
    dont know about those, but he made a fortune from his bodyweight royal court books, which was basically something he stole from some catch wrestlers which were out there and free anyway!

The reality is that most people do NOT know how to work out.
    And that goes for professional trainers as well.

A good and balanced fitness program Must take into account WHAT and WHY.
    Most people thing that what they are doing is right because the read some magazine or some internet article on some fitness site or because they learned it in some MA club.
    The reality is that fitness has changed astronomically in the last 30 years.

Specificity rules.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Our winners are announced!

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The reality is that most people do NOT know how to work out.
    And that goes for professional trainers as well.

A good and balanced fitness program Must take into account WHAT and WHY.
    Most people thing that what they are doing is right because the read some magazine or some internet article on some fitness site or because they learned it in some MA club.
    The reality is that fitness has changed astronomically in the last 30 years.

Specificity rules.
    Yeah, everyone has gone back to imitating farming and fishing so they can have the rock hard iron body skills of the ancients. lol

Seriously though, farming and fishing will make you strong!

Stronger than crossfit, which carries the risk of you growing moobs and speaking with a lisp!
    Kung Fu is good for you.