Thread: 8 step masters anyone know

8 step masters anyone know

Grand master Chun-Fu Lin and his son Paul. Master Chun studied from 8 Step Praying Mantis Grand master Wei Hsiao Tang for over 31 years.
    Sifu George Lisjak with 8 step Sifu Lou Sacharske. Sifu Sacharske studies under the guidance of Grand master Chun-Fu Lin.
    8 Step Praying Mantis Master, Wong-jei.

old8step

Thanks for bringing up the Lin family. I have thought about this for awhile. Paul use to post here a few years back and contributed valuable information about Babu. The opposite of what is offered these days Paul use to teach in a park in Los Angeles area. My Shifu`s teacher Shr Zhengzhong trained with Paul`s father, Lin Laoshi in Taiwan. To what extent I`m not sure. I hope to sit and talk about this to my KF uncle Kevin Brazier, who probably knows the full story about our (Shr`s) history with Chun Fu Lin and Wei. Can we please keep this thread informative and not get into the nancy boy cry baby BS!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

old8step.
    Hang on, just for the record. George listjak my old kung fu brother used to study originally with dean, then he trained in a couple sifu camps with shyun , Then he studied for a short time and claimed to be a generation with Ilya profatilov but then was asked to leave his federation but now claimes to be a lineage with Lin?????

Can I ask you where you got this information?

he might correspond with Paul but i can assure you he has never trained with him or his father.
    Actully the last time i spoke with him he was so sick of the whole chinese culture and secret thing he made up his own system and called it american mantis..

Sorry Yushan just need to set the record straight as sometimes the truth gets deluded.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Earthdragon:

I put sifu george lisak in because he was in a picture next to sifu Lou Sacharske but please don't get the wrong impression. I didn not mean to impy that geroge lisak is under any other sifu's please read the post.

Sifu Sacharske studies under the guidance of Grand master Chun-Fu Lin only Sacharske not Lisak. I don't want to start any controversy Sifu George Lisak never claimed to me or anyone I know that the was under Grand master Lin.

Also can anyone tell me who the last master in my post is Wong-Jei?

old8 step.....Oh OK my apologies sorry ,perhaps I misinturperted what you wrote.. it is early and maybe my brain is not working yet LOL.

hey did you read the poast from Dean!! hurray!!!!! he spoke up to set the record straight.... nice
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Paul Lin and his Father teach/practice 15 minutes from my house. I used to often go by just to visit with Paul's father. Very nice man.

Unfortunately he (Grand Master Chun-Fu Lin) recently had a stroke (4 to 6 months ago). I've seen him since but from a distance and have not had a chance to talk to him since the stroke.

Hopefully he is doing better now. Thank you for bringing up this subject to remind me I should go by and visit again.
    Last edited by woliveri; 12-30-2005 at 09:35 AM.

woliveri, I am saddned to hear about his condition. thise is the first i have heard.

My prayers and love to out to him and his family. Please pay him a visit that would be nice.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Woli

What is the name of the park they train in? You can send me a pm if you do not want to put this out there. I hope Master Lin recovers OK.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

old8step

Old8step,
    To answer your question who is Wong-jie?, I took a quote from Sifu Martello's website.
    "GM Wang Chieh(Wong-jie) was a disciple of GM Wei Xiao Tang, seeing him on a daily basis in the Botanical Gardens Park and GM Wei's home. He specializes in Ba bu Tang Lang, Bai He Chuan, Yue Jia San Shou, Tai Chi Tuei Shou, Shuai Jiao, and Chin-na. He also served as instructor for the taiwanese army and has taught at numerous universities throughout Taipei." by Mike Martello, www.wutang.be
    I believe GM Wang Chieh is up in his 80's now and still practices and teaches on a daily basis in Taipei.
    If you want to see him in action go to Sifu Martello's websites:
    www.wutang.be -go under galleries-media galleries
    www.babutanglang.com -go to about babu-Babu tang lang style overview
    Hope this helps,
    LCP