Thread: Daddy Alert!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Daddy Alert!!!!!!!!!

I can't keep this in much longer and want to shout it out to the world. So what do i do, i come here and give you knuckle heads the heads up.

I am getting more and more excited day by day, becaue so far my girlfriend has been home for a week sick, but she is also now 3 days late going on 4.

And tonite she threw up---vomitted for the first time. She has said she had been fighting that off for a couple of days. Its been said that morning sickness can be a 24 hour a day thing, meaning it can happen anywhere within that time.

So do we have any daddy's out there, and if so what do you think?

DO I HAVE REASON TO BE EXCITED?

HSK

Frank, Best bet is to have her take one of the at home pregnancy tests.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

yeah ... i'd be a little more sure before getting your hopes up.

that said there is nothing better than being a dad. i can't remember if rouge, chief fox, or someone else said it, but being a father is one of the things that define you as a man.

it changes you. from the first scream in the hospital until the day you're dead there are no more excuses. even if you try to convince others and yourself that there are .... you know deep down there arent. you do what needs to be done and you do it because youre no longer number one.
    where's my beer?

Sounds like something that I said, and if I didn't I agree with it.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Welcome to being broke for the next 18 years.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Best to be sure and either do a test or go and see a doctor to get a test done. However, if it is positive, then congratulations . It is a lot of hard work, but it is also very rewarding.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Becomming a Father is one of the BEST things that ever happened to me!

If you are about to step into that role, get as much sleep as you can in the next 9 months, you will need it in the 2 years after!

Allways make sure you have good bedtime stories!

And the days of sleeping naked, well that is out as you never know when the little one will have a horrible night mare about Barny and come jumping in the bed with you!

discapline them when needed, praise them the rest of the time.

Don't over protect them, or they will not learn, but at the same time, watch over them as if vultures were ready to swoop in!

Don't let them have sugar near bed time

and above all, love them with all your heart and soul!

RD
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

kids rule. thats so cool frank. im happy for you. grats!

all the above are true, no more sleep, no more sex, no more money, and nothing in your house will ever be yours only again.

good luck
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

You'll also lose your badass image Frank. But there will be plenty of poop to deal with. You'll be amazed at how much your world will revolve around poop and disposable diapers. Other things you'll learn is that a infant can spew down the back of your shirt and you won't notice.

God, I love being a dad.

BTW, Don't pizz off a pregnant woman.

DM

HSK--3 or 4 days late is enough to show up on a home pregnancy test. Those things are VERY accurate. If it says positive, she IS pregnant.

As for the sickness, well, that usually starts in the morning. Yes, it can be a 24-hour thing, but it usually begins in the morning. At least that's how it was for me. First it was morning sickness. Then morning and noon sickness. Then morning, noon, and late afternoon sickness. It got to where I didn't start to feel slightly better until 8:00 at night! It also doesn't usually begin until you are about 4-6 weeks into it. She's only about 2 weeks into it so far. So I wouldn't use the sickness as a gauge. Go with the pregnancy test: that's your best bet.

If she is pregnant and sickness becomes an issue (and when doesn't it become an issue?), have her take HALF a Unisom tablet and a Vitamin B6 tablet before going to bed. It's very safe and it works like a charm. She'll wake up NOT sick. Trust me, it'll change her life. And yours too. Ever been around someone who has barfed several times a day for 5 months? It's a nightmare. Sometimes "morning" sickness can last the whole 9 months. Yeppur.

Everything everyone else said here is true. ESPECIALLY the part about not pizzing off a pregnant woman. You've been warned: don't play cute.

Oh, and congratulations if she is!

today I entered my son into grade school - still the grade just before formal school starts, but he go to the " big" school now. Its amazing how time flies when you have kids. the best part is, when your kids have the same interest in things that you have. They so cute, my son was singing along to a song we played on the radio the other day, he gets the lyrics completely wrong, but its so cute to hear the things he sing.

one cool thing tho ... kids are chick magnets. my brother in law used to " borrow" my son to score points with the ladies.

so, have you got any news for us? IS SHE???
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Mel
    HSK--3 or 4 days late is enough to show up on a home pregnancy test. Those things are VERY accurate. If it says positive, she IS pregnant.

As for the sickness, well, that usually starts in the morning. Yes, it can be a 24-hour thing, but it usually begins in the morning.
    mmm... That's a lode of BS. I was sick mainly in the afternoon with both of my boys. It depends on the woman. Niether of my sisters got it. But on the other hand I never got heartburn like they did...

Congrats! It may be a bit early to say it, but I'd bet on those symptoms...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it