Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lau Bun Stories

Lau Bun Stories

Any there any more interesting stories or happenings regarding Lau Bun of Choy Lay Fat?

this one posted in the cts stories thread for example, made me interesed.

"For example, Lau Bun was an assassin for the hop sing tong and was known to carry throwing darts in his shirt pocket, butterfly knives in his waistband, or even a pair of double steel whips. one time-even with eye witnesses- lau bun killed a rat in the dark with one of his throwing darts and precisely hit its target killing the rat. there were eye witnesses, but try telling that story and instead of absorbing the information everyone says thats fantasy, or not real. Why? because they can't say that about their own teachers."

Frank cool stuff tell me more, oh yea I forgot to ask whou did your sifu train with?

lineage

Frank I'm curious how your lineage tyes into my lineage, did any of you ancestors train at the Clear Cloud monestary AKA Green Cloud monestary?? I've also herd CTS talk about Lao bun. Just wondering if there was a connection.

:)

hskwarrior

great stuff.

thanks!

Blog Entries

sorry

oh well, they say the photo is too big to post here.

sorry. Just check out his website.

Wasn't Lao Bun wanted by the police after he killed those imigration guys???

TTT for the stories

I forget how Sifu Chan knew Lau Bun.... other than they have similar lineage somewhere along the way... Sifu Chan studied with Chan Sai Hung, a Hung Sing teacher
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    i'm sure they got to know each other somehow. but i'm sure they would have share something being that they both came from toi san.

Here is the link to the site i made for my sifu. hope you like it, some pictures i need to fix-mean reset, some are stretched out.

http://www.tienloong.zoomshare.com

Blog Entries
    yeah, thats a big reason why people like ed parker ralph castro and wally jay kept him a secret so no attention would come his way. he was very protected in chinatown.

frank

That's pretty cool

hskwarrior - nice websites and photos.

How can Lau Bun and Jew Leong be "professors"? You're not talking about an honorary academic post at some University are you?

Blog Entries
    oops the post doubled up, sorry.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 01-12-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Dave and Greencloud

I would love to hear what Chan Tai San had to say about Lau Bun. No matter what i love to hear about him, so you guys could also be contributing to this thread as well.

"professor""

"
    student, teacher, grand master, great grand master or Professor. People like the late Lee Koon Hung, Jew Leong, Ralph Castro, Wally Jay, y.c. wong, Chan Tai San etc etc can be considered "Professors". ""
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a major corruption of language and meaning. Major/reputable universities
    apply fairly rigorous criteria for the rank of a professor of physics, chemistry, philosophy etc in specific disciplines. And they dont accept degrees from degree factories.

The greats in martial arts deserve every bit of recognition possible for their achievements in their field of activity and achievement.However, I am not sure that adding the term "professor" adds anything to their achievement or to their prestige. Knowledgeable people in any field know the greats in their field in their own way...
    be it chemistry or TCMA. Importing titles from another field could actually cheapen
    the reputation of great masters and to some give the appearance unecessarily and undeservedly of an inferoriority complex.

There is enough corruption in 3 rd rate universities giving an honorary degree to a finacial contributor and people being given honrary black belts. Why add to the rot.

Rectification of names is much better IMO.

just one note, I was told a lot of bjj black belts are called "professors" as well. so, there is some circulation of this usage for ma.