Thread: The Five Tigers of the North - help!

The Five Tigers of the North - help!

To all the Northerners,

I need your help. I'm trying to find any portrait images, no matter the quality, of all the Five Northern Tigers, but specifically of Master's 'Wang Shao Chou and Li Hsien Wu.'

NorthernShaolin, Kai Men, Gene, any help you'll can provide will be greatly appreciated. Feel free to contact me direct.

Thanks,
    Hui Clan

Hui Clan,

I've been looking for pic on these two masters for a long time, Still no luck yet.

Some else e-mailed me at my web site a couple months ago and I'm still looking for his request for a picture of Wang Shao Chou. It wasn't you was it? I've checked all my old Chinese books with no luck but I still got to go thru stacks and stacks of old Martial Art Hero magazines and Martial Magazines yet.

The Five Tigers of the North - help!

Hi NorthernShaolin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I know what you mean. I've been looking for these two images off and on for about 10 years now, however my interest started up again when I started back researching and re-organizing some of the information I've compiled over the years at the request of some of my classmates and students. Info on the Five Tigers was just one of the request asked. So I'm trying to place images to the names along with the info as well.

Also I'm not really sure if it was me that emailed you or not via your web site, but if it was me my appologies for being redondent.

Question, do you have parts 1 and 2 of the article interview conducted on GM Ku and his tournament. It was entitled 'My Impressions of Instructor Ku Yu Cheung'. The interviewer who published the interview was Mr. Ye Yuan.

We can take this off line or you can email me directly if needed.

Again, any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Hui Clan
    Last edited by Hui Clan; 01-11-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Hui Clan,

Many years ago, I remember reading part 1 in New Martial hero magazine (I think) but I was unable to read part 2.

Part 1 was about a fighter named, Lui, from Honan Provence who wanted to fight GGM Kuo. But instead he never showed up but GGM Kuo held his tournament anyway. If I remember correctly some bank guard, named Potface, who had no formal training, beat something like four of Kuo's fighter. Even though he had no formal training, he was well experience in fighting because he gained his experience as a guard. Anyway he was fighting his way to Kuo and had to fight 8 more of Kuo's top students before he could fight GGM Kuo.

But to answer your question, no I do not have these articles but I remember reading part 1. I guess part 2 would have been good reading but never had a chance to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernShaolin
    Hui Clan,

Many years ago, I remember reading part 1 in New Martial hero magazine (I think) but I was unable to read part 2.

Part 1 was about a fighter named, Lui, from Honan Provence who wanted to fight GGM Kuo. But instead he never showed up but GGM Kuo held his tournament anyway. If I remember correctly some bank guard, named Potface, who had no formal training, beat something like four of Kuo's fighter. Even though he had no formal training, he was well experience in fighting because he gained his experience as a guard. Anyway he was fighting his way to Kuo and had to fight 8 more of Kuo's top students before he could fight GGM Kuo.

But to answer your question, no I do not have these articles but I remember reading part 1. I guess part 2 would have been good reading but never had a chance to read it.
    That's right, we shouldn't under estimate the combat abilities of security guards in future. I think the do some formal training like 3 months before they get the licence. Bouncers at bars probably qualify as guards and should have good fighting experience. Other guards to watch out for are cruel prison wardens.