Thread: Where can I get Ching Jong plans?

Where can I get Ching Jong plans?

Can anyone tell me where I can find plans to build a balance dummy or Ching Jong? My school doesn't have one and I would like to build and donate one. All I can find is the Wing Chun dummy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.usuarios.com/ib307618/construirm.htm

here u have the ching jong dummy
    the instructions are in spanish.. but well... the plans are universal...
    just a couple of drawings

in case u need information about type of woods just mail me and iŽll translate the web page

where do u practice CLF?

regards

pablo

Hey thanks!

Thanks for the link! I have been looking for a few days and have found nothing. To answer your question, I study Chow Lay Fut in Champaign Illinois (go Fighting Illini!) at the Channing Murray Foundation building. It is a small group taught by Sifu Santanu Ramen. His instructor is the great Tat Wong. Sifu Ramen has recently moved to Texas to start another school, but comes back to Illinois on a regular basis to make sure we are still on track. Oh, ya. Are the measurements in centimeters or inches?
    Last edited by kukulcan; 01-13-2006 at 12:36 PM.

the measures are in Centimeters

i have one vid from tat mau wong called cHOY LAY FUT fundamentals
    great video, shows some basic applications etc

tat mau wong seems to be highly skilled

regards!

i used those plans to make my own, and they were pretty easy to follow. my dad is pretty skilled in woodwork and it took him only a few hours of work to make the dunny. He had to modify the middle slots (for the middle arms) a little, and came up with an idea that workd pretty well. instead of cutting two squere holes in the wood at the right angle, he cut 1 big squere opening, and fitted a custom made steel plate with the correct slots. it was much easier and fatsr, and works pretty well. the arms can slip in and out with ease. The bags cover the metal plate so you cant really see it. we spray painted the metal plate to fit into the colour of things.

Are those plans correct in terms of hight and all that? that dunny was to short for me, so I had my dad made me another one, slightly taller. dont think it wold be that bad. and as all crazy grandpa's are, my dad made my son a smaller one which he scalled down. his grandson must have a dummy in his room, no self respecting kung fu kid can go without a dummy in his room :-)

it worked out very cheap, and im greateful for your plans. thanks.

ps- i will try put some pics up as soon as i sorted my pc out
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Blog Entries
    has anyone ever broken their schools dummy?

Before i tell a story, Eddie, you said your father eliminated the two holes for one and inserted a steel plate with the holes cut out, right?

I like that idea, but my question is this. How do you keep the arms from moving around or even falling out if you are striking the dummy hard, shaking it around and such?

the reason i'm asking is that at our school, my sifu used i think Rose Wood for the dummy, and ever since i began learning choy lee fut my classmates and i have always wanted to be the first to break the dummy. yeah i know, why break your sifu's dummy? Because the first person to do so regardless of the consequences would be a little legend in our school. my sifu has his bolted i mean bolted down to the cement, the arms and leg is super strong. I had a classmate who was younger than me but used to rock our wooden dummy like it was nothing. we used to call him "Iron Arms Nick" for a young kid he had pop-eye forearms.

come to think of it eddie, my sifu uses very hard white plastic pieces like your steel plate idea. it just came to me as i was going to say that the only thing on our dummy that breaks is the plastic parts surrounding the arms.

peace.

HSK

Blog Entries
    KuKulcan,

your sifu Santanu is a real cool cat. I talk to him on the phone every once and a while. I hope he is adjust to the heat of texas, i know i couldn't. I need that bay breeze and lovez the hell out of da fog, man! (pronounced Main).

pls remind him not to lose touch with his boy frankie frank.

Hsk

He is cool!

Ya, Santanu is a really great guy and a very patient teacher. I have developed a very firm freindship with him in the little time that I have known him. He has a heart for Choy Lay Fut, and a strong dedication to his students who take the art seriously. If I may ask, how do you know him? And I will tell him that you said hi next time I see him.

A friend of mine constructed it quite cleverly. He built it from 3 'slices' and the middle slice were parts so that the room for the moving arm and the leg were left out. The two arms were the thickness of the middle slice so they were easily fit in. I don't remember how he did the two other arms though.

Hope this helps

Ching Jong built

I have been meaning to get on here for a long time and post some pictures of the Ching Jong I built from the A+ assistance I received from this community. If anyone is interested in pictures of the two I have built so far, with step by step instructions...private message me with your email address and I will send you some. Just want to pay back the help I received. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I have since built three Ching Jongs and thought I would share my current project with everyone. I have been posting pictures with step by step instructions to a public Facebook photo album. Check it out by clicking the link below. You can Facebook message me with any questions you may have. I hope this is helpful!
    Owner/Instructor of Five Animals Kung Fu - Springfield
    http://www.kungfuspringfield.com
    http://www.facebook.com/5AKFS (Like it!)

Are you looking for assistance on building your own Ching Jong? Ask me for help, and check out my public facebook album with pictures and step by step instructions!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=210dec08dd