Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milla Jojovich's ULTRAVIOLET

Milla Jojovich's ULTRAVIOLET

I think this could be fun little flick;

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/f...er/default.asp

Looks like fun... never saw Milla in any of those 2 Zomibe video game movies whose title I don't recall so I can only base her last performances on 5th element and that Joan of Arc flick.

She's certainly not hard on the eyes and will probably work as well as Kate Bekensale will in Underware... er underworld.

Yeah, I got this umm....obsession for Milla. Ever since the Orange hair in 5th Element. She's so fine.

check out our eZine article on it . . .

at least for the pics...

The article was very good, the film got only ONE star in the Daily News, but I am definitely going to see it.

OMG, the first pic is awesome!

Not hard on the eyes is putting it lightly IMO.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

"Gun Fu" is the dumbest thing action directors have come up with in a long time.

To me, it seems like someone's misguided attempt to capture the ballet of the gunfights in the old John Woo movies and make them more exciting or something. It is thoroughly misguided.

It makes no practical sense and looks ridiculous and stupid on film. It was a bad idea in an otherwise okay movie in Equilibrium, and it's a bad idea in what is almost certainly an otherwise terrible movie here.

Here's an idea: if you're shooting at someone at long range and they move into closer range, KEEP SHOOTING THEM. The larger the target, the easier it is to hit. Guns make terrible blunt weapons.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

design sifu, you should really see resident evil 1 and 2. they are both enjoyable video game movies. nothing special about them. i won both and like both a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

anyone see this movie yet?
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Two good friends of mine saw it and said it was virtually unwatchable. The action was shot terribly and the dialogue was unbelievably bad:

Quote:

Bad guy: "It's on."
    Milla: "Yeah it is."

One friend reported that Milla's stomach was about the only redeeming quality about the movie.

I don't think I'll be going to see this one.

Anyone else have any first or second hand reports?
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Worst F C K N movie I have ever seen.

Hands down.

The end
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

She did give fair warning in the beginning though.

"I come from a world you may not understand."

She was really right.

Didn't know what the heck was going on.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Greetings,

I saw the movie. It looked as if they tried to build a movie around the fight scenes. I got the impression that much was cut out of the movie. Milla's deadpan expressions rival Pamela Anderson's. The fight scenes were not too original. There was even a stolen scene from Shogun Assassin.

If anything, the movie will serve as a template for future action films for Milla. It shows that she can handle choreography. She needs to focus on the acting, the English and the expression of emotion. I think she would have fared much better if she was using her native language or French.

mickey

my teacher saw it. he said it was bad.

bummer

We've actually run a second e-zine article on Ultraviolet, mostly because we figured more pictures of Milla Jojovich on our e-zine couldn't possibly be a bad thing. If you spent your days laying out articles with old Chinese men in silk pajamas, you'd understand.

That being said, I'm in full support of the hottie swordswoman trend we've seen in the wake of KILL BILL. Ultraviolet may have tanked, but maybe they'll heed our author Craig Reid "One can only hope that SONY will consider releasing an R-rated version of the film on DVD, so we can see the entire fights the way they were supposed to be seen."

Next hottie swordswoman movie on the horizon is Dead or Alive:
    Release Date: August 25, 2006
    Studio: Dimension Films (The Weinstein Co.)
    Director: Corey Yuen
    Screenwriter: J.F. Lawton, Seth Gross, Adam Gross, Granz Henman
    Starring: Devon Aoki, Derek Boyer, Sarah Carter, Steve Howey, Kane Kosugi, Natassia Malthe, Matthew Marsden, Kevin Nash, Jaime Pressly, Silvio Simac, Holly Valance, Brian J. White, Eric Roberts
    Plot Summary: A feature adaptation of Tecmo's bestselling game franchise "DOA: Dead or Alive". The movie centers on four female fighters in a competition to the death on an exotic island.
    I had posted a trailer here, but it's no longer available.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by mickey
    Greetings,
    I think she would have fared much better if she was using her native language or French.

mickey
    It woulda sucked in French as well
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi