Thread: best chinese "magic" trick you'll see today

best chinese "magic" trick you'll see today

yes, boys and girls, MA hobbyists of all ages (okay, some of you might be actual MA professionals). This is one of the best chinese magic act you'll see all day today. limit time showing a real kung-fu magic act.

http://media.putfile.com/finger-stand

putting the kung back into kung fu.

That's one flexible thumb! Did you see the way he smooshed it down before he even put wieght on it? The live aidience didn't seem too impressed though.

It did not look like his body weight was directed though the thumb, more like the thumb was an extension of the palm.

Quote Originally Posted by shuaichiao
    That's one flexible thumb! Did you see the way he smooshed it down before he even put wieght on it? The live aidience didn't seem too impressed though.
    I think they were dumbfounded. The audience was pretty quiet all the way through. Chinese are much more reserved than your regular western audiences.

This was from a tv broadcast from guangxi. This monk claimed to be of shaolin lineage. the full clip show big indentation on his thumb after the performance.
    Anyways, here it is folks, this is as legit as a one-finger hand stand video as you going to find on the web.

decided to share this clip after all the accusation about Chan tai-shan's ability.

Now, if Chan tai-shan has something close to this monk's finger strength, then five fingers acting together can do some serious damage. It is within the realm of possibility.

I was impressed with how effortless his initial one fist handstand was.

when the camara is focused in on his thumb, it looks like he is supporting his thumb with his index finger/nuckle. so all his weight is not balanced directly on his thumb. still needs a strong thumb though. one of my sihings has a video of an old monk doing a one finger handstand on his index finger. be cool to get it up here
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman