Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passing of master Chiu Leun

Condolences to the Chiu family. When a star blinks out into oblivion, all notice the lessening of the light.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Funeral Arrangements

Funeral arrangements for Sifu Chiu Leun .
    Wah Wing Sang Funeral Home
    212-962-0273
    26 Mulberry Street Chinatown N.Y.
    Viewing will be:
    Thursday 1/19/2006 - 4:00PM - 7:00PM
    Friday-1/20/2006- 10:00AM -12:00PM
    Sifu Carl

A biography

Is there a good biography of the late master on the net? Thx for any info.

Northern Shaolin 7 Star Pray Mantis Institute and Association

On behave of the Chiu Cheung Luen Family and our organization, we would like to thank you all, for your kind and considerate comments. In times like these, it is good to know who your friends and supporter are located, beyond the usual political or commercial posturing.

Please pass on the information brother Carl has submitted to those who may not know about the forum or have internet assess.

For those who can make it on Friday 10-12 noon, the burial will be conducted right after the services, in upstate New York.

The number of the Wah Wing Sang Funeral Home is 1 212 963-0273

Om Peace

if you would like to send a card or something you may e-mail me for a proper address at: 7star@sprynet.com or talk to Jeff Hughes if you know him.

PS: our website is as follows: http://www.chiuleun.com/

Note: the spelling is used because someone, somehow got the chiuluen address, eventhought I thought I had it reserved. thanks again
    Last edited by nathan chukueke; 01-17-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    Nathan Chukueke
    Administrator Chi Luen Sect of 7 star mantis, NYC

Requiescat in Pace...

Terribly sorry to hear of this loss to you and the praying mantis community as a whole. My he rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Charles Huffman

Our condolences to all family and students from Master Chiu Leun lineage.

Sincerely,
    Brendan Lai Gongfu Institute - Brazil
    www.brendanlai.com
    黎達沖巴西北螳螂武術學院
    Samuel Mendonça - Chief Instructor
    Brendan Lai Gungfu Institute - Brazil
    www.brendanlai.com

Sifu Albright,

Very sorry for the passing of your teacher. May he rest in peace.

N.

Maximum respect to a great man.
    Rest In Peace.

Brendan Tunks on behalf of Tanglang Quan She, Australia.

expression of sympathy

To the Chiu Leun family and his students:

Please accept my sincerest expression of sympathy for the loss of a distinguished teacher and a great man. His spirit will live on!

Sifu Ron Aviles

I went this morning with Sifu Stephen Innocenzi to pay our respets to the late Master Chiu Leun. If you grew up doing TCMA in NYC you knew Master Chiu. He was an important figure, had a large following, was a master of true 7 Star Mantis, and a member of the old generation, the old guard.

I grew up knowing many of his students, and even did some 7 Star Mantis with a few including Stephen Laurette and Ho Chi Yu. Master Chiu was also an in-law of my sifu Chan Tai San, Master Chiu was our Si-Mo's cousin. I am thus very sad at his passing and feel we've lost yet another of that old guard... quite depressing...

Fortunately, there are men like Master Carl Albright still teaching sifu Chiu's praying mantis. It is the real deal and if you are interested in real kung fu, you can not go wrong with the Chiu Leun tradition of 7 Star...

I am however sad to see yet another of that old generation no longer with us...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Once again thank you all for your kind words,

The funeral was well attended. People came from many places to pay their respect to Chiu leun Sifu. Indeed those that knew him understand the loss that we feel. A truly great and open teacher. One that was blind to the color barriers that other teachers had in the old days. At the gravesite, we played a form from the heart to honor our teacher. It was his wish to keep the style growing and we will do our best.

I would lik to express my gratitude to those that came to our service. And the beautiful flowers from the Lama Pai, Ying jow Pai and the many other schools. Special thanks to all visiting Sifu.
    Sifu Carl

Sibok Carl,

Please accept my late condolences for the passing of Sigung Chiu Leun. It has been a month since I visited this forum. I will miss him dearly.

Regards,