Thread: Need clips of traditional stance useage!

Need clips of traditional stance useage!

Hi, arguing on bullshido. Anyone know of good links to the application of traditional Chinese Kung Fu stances. Especially the twisted stance, Horse stance, and Snake stance?

I am perticularly interested in throws and such if possible.

Shui Chiou guys, I KNOW there are clips showing these things, I just don't remember where!

Thanx!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Hi, arguing on bullshido. Anyone know of good links to the application of traditional Chinese Kung Fu stances. Especially the twisted stance, Horse stance, and Snake stance?

I am perticularly interested in throws and such if possible.

Shui Chiou guys, I KNOW there are clips showing these things, I just don't remember where!

Thanx!

I'd help you out...but whay argue with people who'vealready made up their mind?

A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

The guys over at Bullshido, for the most part, are looking at martial arts from a MMA point of view and are pretty much already convinced that anything traditional doesn't work in the MMA arena. So you will have a tough time trying to convince them other wise. Although, many of them have traditional backgrounds and can speak intelligently about the subject. But many more are just UFC nutriders and just regergitate "facts" they've heard someone else spew. I also know that the guys over at Bullshido will want to see video or else they won't believe it. Basically, if you can't show it working in a UFC environment or on "TH3 STR33T" then it's not true and you risk getting "PWNED".

With that in mind here are some applications for stances. No video, sorry.

Twisted stance: First, the twisted stance protects the groin. Groin shots are not allowed in MMA so you will probably not see it there. Second, the twisted stance can be used to change direction against multiple attackers. Again, no multiple attackers in MMA so you probably won't see it.

Imagine if you will that you are in a tight multiple attacker situation. One opponent in front. One or several behind. You deal with the person in front of you. An attacker from behind approaches. You quickly twist 180° and sink down into a a twisted stance. As you twist, your lead hand is used to block and clear any oncoming attack while the following hand generates power from the twist and strikes. All the while your groin is protected. You can then twist back to deal with another attacker behind you.

Horse stance: The sinking horse stance is used to generate power. Facing forward, step out in front of you. Rotate your hips and sink down into a horse stance while your lead hand strikes. You can generate a tremendous amount of power with this strike.

These are just two application examples of many.

Stance training: Many stances are transitional stances. You would never sit in a static stance in actuall combat. Stance training develops strength and balance. The idea is to have strength and balance while in transition so your strikes will be that much more powerful.

These are just my opinions so take them for what their worth.

I used to post on Bullshido a lot. I respect their mission and they have a good core group but they also have many posters that are willing to argue just for the sake of arguing. And so many more that are just on the Muay Tai/BJJ bandwagon.

IMO they are too full of themselves and really just like to hear themselves talk.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's not worth your time arguing with these people. No matter what you say, in their minds, they are always right. They don't accept the fact that there is usually more than one right answer. And again, IMO, this is why they will ultimately fail at exposing BS in the martial arts.

Good luck.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

bullshido has some good topics on their site, but they do seem to be a bit heavy on the fanboy mentality more often than not...but then, we get those here too.

Both sets are as flaky as each and decent conversation and discourse can be found wherever you go.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thanks for the help guys. I found one on John Wangs site that was video. It seemed to go over good and the one response I got was favorable. I would love to see some pics, or vids of close up trowing applicatins useing traditional stances though.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Being away for a couple of weeks gives me a fresh perspective on bullshido, its unreadable.

Stop wasting your time.

It all desintigrated into a mud fling fest anyway, no point now.

Thanks anyway guys!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Popped onto Bullshido and realized again why I NEVER bother setting up an account there.

Waste of time.

But if there is ever a China throwdown let me know.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Never try to teach a cow to sing.

It wastes your time and annoys the cow.

Now that I've actually read it, its surprising what a contrast there is between those who are disscussing issues and those who are just "fingers in ears/na na na na na" Theres even some good reasoning from surprising places. Beatdown ritchie etc.

Its especially fightening that the ones doing all the trolling are the "kids", most of which are the MODS. The crazies are definatley running that asylum.

I guess we have to thank NEAL FELTCHER for giving a home for so many trolls. There seems to be a marked reduction in trollism elsewhere. We will never be "troll free". But it is way less than before.

Don't you mean pigs, GLW?

Don't teach pigs to sing. Cows, on the other hand, seem to like singing. They don't sing well, but they aren't annoyed.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart