Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What truely works? what doesnt? (mma)

Awww, by the time I showed up he's been crushed, added to mayo and spread out on the toast of moderation...

I went to a seminar with SHogun and Ninja yesterday... lots of fun
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

TT,

tuna fish cause of the smell from his vagina...you know being to much of a p*ssy to challenge a Kung Fu man face to face and go the internet route instead
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

THe troll is hungry. Don't feed it, and it will go away.

~~Jules
    Akahai - Modesty
    Lokahi Aku Like - Unison and harmony
    'Olu 'Olu Ka Manao - Pleasant thoughts
    Ha'a Ha'a - Humility
    Ahonui A Lanakila - Patience will achieve your goals

o.. guess i'm a little too late to shed some light to this poor kid okay wells i'mma tell you this... why kung-fu works.. okay? i too do bjj so dun worry about that. if you want me to verify how legit i am i go to serra jitsu at huntington training under matt serra. difference in kung fu is that they would rip your skin.. grab your nuts, gouge your eyes, etc.. which is unbelivabily painful.. and the skin thing has been done to me.. that itself made me not want to go for the armbar because i fear that he will try to rip my nuts.. (true story not fun) and people do bite.. ANYWAYS why kung-fu works.. bjj works sure only on a 1v1 sitution .. which in any case is rare in a street fight. Most likely you'll be ganged up by 3-5 or more people .. and when you do a double leg take down on one kid.. they'll play soccer with your head.. Now .. kung-fu is good for FASTEST MOST EFFICENT WAY to take somebody out.. in other words.. MMA goes for a double leg take down//fireman whatever ... the CMA guy in reality will try to dig his fingers in your eye and proceed to pull.. well that's my 2 cents

MMA goes for a double leg take down//fireman whatever ... the CMA guy in reality will try to dig his fingers in your eye and proceed to pull.. well that's my 2 cents
    Ummm... No?

In reality, the guy who tries this will, 99% of the time or more, wind up on his back.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Blog Entries
    actually as i said earlier, i may end up on my back you can get me into a head lock, arm bar, or whateve, but if i start ripping into your flesh and tearing it wide open, yank your ear off your head, or even pop your nuts (squish) i'm sure it will turn the tides. the person being ripped up won't want to get ripped up anymore.

and lets not forget, it's not the techniques you use but the user of the techniqeus is what makes it work.

hsk

I guess you thought it would be funny to mess

Quote Originally Posted by tuna fish
    i thought it was already proven what works and what doesnt as far as martial arts goes. here are a few videos and i want to hear what you guys think of these PROVEN fighters. im totally skeptical about kung-fu styles working in real life situations. heres a few videos i wanted to share, please enjoy them.

no need to download, just click and watch. these are very entertaining. enjoy
    notice the arm snapping towards the end!

http://www.youtube.com/w/Frank-Mir-M...ch=frank%20mir

this man considered the greatest fighter in the world

http://www.youtube.com/w/Fedor-HL?v=...w&search=fedor

TKD vs. grappling
    http://www.youtube.com/w/TKD-VS.-MMA...FKg&search=mma

http://www.youtube.com/w/Quinton-Jac...7rU&search=mma

http://www.youtube.com/w/mma-desire?...d3g&search=mma

kung fu vs. gracie juijitsu
    http://www.youtube.com/w/Royce-Graci...6WM&search=mma

http://www.youtube.com/w/Kazushia-Sa...P5w&search=mma

I watched all these vids and personaly I don't get it. Can you say wwf??? One of the first styles I studied was Jiu-jitsu for 7 years way before people ever herd of it. Never felt comfotable using it in a fight. Perhaps it was because I didn't like using my face to close the gap. I was conflicted, Iwanted something more superior.

I didn't feel it was nessary to be a big mean steroid monster to be able to protect myself. Anyway I took kung fu while studying jiu-jitsu and found that not only did kung fu provide me with lots of striking techniqes but it also had lots of throwing tech., joint locking tech., and groud fighting.

Well I figured I could trane in bunch of different martial arts to fill in all the gaps, but that would make me a jack of all trades and a master of none. Or I can Invest my life in one complete martial art.

I fought many grapplers in my life and never lost once. It was actualy childs play, not that having prior knowledge of other styles didn't help me defeat other stylist.

I had a bunch of Gracie guys rent space in my kwoon for a while and were convinced upon meeting me that they would convert me. well I was as polite as I could be so I let them show me there stuff, hey I'm not stupid. When it came to fighting me they didn't stand a chance.

Now in kung fu we don't trane as hard as we do to be rolling around with some big sweaty guy. Hey maybee if I was gay I might like some guy sweating all over me.

The chinese martial arts is more sophisticated than that. We train to plunge our fingers though an atackers eyes, or to detach one testicles. Focus is a big part of the traning since most of our strikes are aimed at vital areas and are designed to maim or kill.

As far as the video with the kung fu guy that was fighting a Gracie, well I watched it and that guy didn't look like he knew kung fu, I thought the Gracie guy was the kung fu guy at first.

Size matters when it comes to grappling, in Kung fu you try to develop inner strength and superior martial art technique in order to defeat an opponent.

I hear Chung Lee is going to be in the UFC soon lets see what happens.

OMG, Not the dreaded high school wrestler again.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    Doesn't look like I've missed much since I've been gone.
    Sorry I dragged you back bro.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Sorry I dragged you back bro.
    LOL! I'll have to check myself back into the methadone clinic again.
    "Not to tire of learning is wisdom; not to weary of teaching is benevolence." -- Tzu-kung

actually as i said earlier, i may end up on my back you can get me into a head lock, arm bar, or whateve, but if i start ripping into your flesh and tearing it wide open, yank your ear off your head, or even pop your nuts (squish) i'm sure it will turn the tides. the person being ripped up won't want to get ripped up anymore.
    Jesus, not this stuff again.

First, as for tearing flesh, I offer the following - go get a raw turkey from the store and try tearing it apart with your bare hands. Get back to me when you can do this.

Secondly, assuming that you aren't engaged in a fight with a drunken fratboy any "good grappler" (tm) is going to be in a far better position to do all the things you are talking about at that point than you are.

Thirdly, these are not necessarily fight enders, nor do they incapacitate. By contrast, armbreaks and choking somebody until they pass out are much more effective in terms of taking the fight out of somebody. I have been hit, squished, kicked in the jumblies and not all of the shots are the sort that make you sit down. Some are mind you.

Fourth and finally, you had best get them right because you're looking at pretty much a one shot deal. I hope they are in reach for you, which they may not be, and I hope you nail it on the first go, because unless you know what you are doing on the ground w/regards to positioning, there is a strong possibility that you are not going to get that chance again.

The people here with groundfighting experience will probably echo my sentiments.

In case people are thinking I'm on the Kung Fu doesn't work bandwagon, that's not true at all. Good training is good training, period, and I've met too many people who've trained in too many different things and been quite good at what they do. Note that I am not talking about the whole "fight experience," am discussing two specific things - defense to takedowns and groundfighting tactics - which I think, perhaps, I've got some insight to.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Blog Entries
    you can believe what you want, but i am no martial artist without substance. first and foremost im a street fighter, as you should know being from oakland, a street fighter can out whip a good martial artist. since i got both in me i fare pretty well.

plus, if i jab your eyes and you can't see anything you better be good at blind ground work.

i talk about the tiger claw usage because i've used it and tore someone wide open the first time. see i train my tiger claw and i know where to reach. if you think the nuts or your face is the only thing in danger then you are clueless to what real fu jow usage is about.

this is no argument, you have your opinion and i have mine. for me i know what works and what doesn't. And I talk about what i know.

what part of oakland are you from?

what is your style? do you practice around the lake?

Blog Entries
    oh yeah, the ear is one of the easiest parts of your body to tear off.

Blog Entries
    doesn't tuna fish smell? i never liked sea food anyway.

i don't think anyone cares about tuna fish. He comes on just like a teenager too proud for his own good. he keeps asking who could beat this guy or that guy. what i want to know is who can you beat tuna fish?

you are calling everyone jokes, yet you haven't revealed your self. so its just all talk from where you stand, thats ok, if you're bored and have nothing to do its ok, talk all the sh1t you want. it is what it is.........sh1t, isn't it?

hsk

Those videos were not fights, they were commercials, only hype.
    As concluded before, it is the man and not the style that wins or loses.
    Merry Prankster, you have my respect and may be the most knowledgable fighter on the board. I have easily defeated MMA/BJJ guys with Kung Fu on the street, but only because they were amateurs or they would not be out in the bars attacking people. Probably wanting to impress their friends and alcohol clouds their judgement. They could get hurt that way. I don't pick fights but I look like a hippy so skin heads kind of gravitate my way. I always try to use arm bars or aikido techniques to be compassionate as they might have mamas who love them.

hsk - have you ever torn someone's ear off?

Have you ever eyegouged a wrestler attempting to take you down?
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn