Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghetto Blocks

Well, I'm glad that TenTigers and Ou Ji are familiar with JHR. It seemed like I was all alone there for a while
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yeah, I got friends in low places.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    yeah, I got friends in low places.
    Most martial artists do. BTW, that's a good song . . .
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I've got friends in low places but they are mostly white and they are all in Canada so it's dubious that any of them know bupkiss about JHR.

To be blunt I could put the damage on most of my more dubious acquaintances...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    I've got friends in low places but they are mostly white and they are all in Canada so it's dubious that any of them know bupkiss about JHR.

To be blunt I could put the damage on most of my more dubious acquaintances...
    I know some pretty tough cats in Windsor, Chatham, Brampton, Scarborough and around Jane and Finch in T.O.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Well the T-dot locations don't surprise me. And Windsor is a border town but I'm from London.

The underworld in London is rather laughable.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger
    Like dale said nasty fighting is nasty fighting, im just interested in hearing the stories how they train. Like what time of day, night , is it secretly taught, do whites have a different style to blacks to the chinese and mexicans etc.

Does anyone have any war stories?

FT
    from what my acquaintance tells me about it, it is not taught to anyone that is not black. There are regional differences, but still only taught to blacks. I thought I had posted on this already, but I guess not... it must be on a karateforums or somewhere. I'll look for it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

here it is. I've got a few posts there. I am 'elbows_and_knees'

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopi...23920&start=10
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    here it is. I've got a few posts there. I am 'elbows_and_knees'

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopi...23920&start=10
    Thanks for that link SevenStar. It lead me to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailhouse_rock
    I just remembered seeing a documentary about hidden slave fighting styles like cutting and knocking and kicking.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Well the T-dot locations don't surprise me. And Windsor is a border town but I'm from London.

The underworld in London is rather laughable.
    T-dot's a like a little NYC. I'm there often. My student has a school there
    http://www.torontowingchun.com
    I don't know much about London. I only passed through there a few times. It looks like a cool city. Windsor isn't much different from Detroit. Chatham will shock you though. For a small town there are some hardcore bangers there.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ya mean like Bangers and mash? Now yer makin me hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    T-dot's a like a little NYC. I'm there often. My student has a school there
    http://www.torontowingchun.com
    I don't know much about London. I only passed through there a few times. It looks like a cool city. Windsor isn't much different from Detroit. Chatham will shock you though. For a small town there are some hardcore bangers there.
    Phil
    If you are ever in London swing by Northern Black Dragon Martial arts. Tell 'em Simon sent you.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    Thanks for that link SevenStar. It lead me to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailhouse_rock
    I just remembered seeing a documentary about hidden slave fighting styles like cutting and knocking and kicking.
    Phil

knocking and kicking was an old style that consisted of mainly headbutts. These days, I've heard of a JHR variation that is called knocking and kicking.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Umm...

I did time for a 2nd degree assualt with a deadly weapon and was housed with the violent criminals because of my violent crime (protected pregnant mother of my child, bad lawyer, now I am a father of 2 and a highly paid software engineer so even bad kids can grow up to be good adults if they try). That and 99% of my freinds and associates did a good amount of time there too. How come I have never heard of this. It must be a rather rare thing being that everyone I know including myself has spent time in the house of pain and never heard of it. It may exist but it is far from common and I don't think it's a matter of only teaching minorities they just don't teach country white boys. About the only thing we ever did was throw on the gloves and go for only body shots using boxing techniques. It is kind of like a ghetto past time. However this **** from the 40s has never crossed my well traveled eyes before. The fact that it is probably so **** old is the reason why I've never scene it. The only thing any of us had an interest in that was old was KF. I figure it is a waste of time being that every prisoner I met while there and not there didn't know it and I handled myself very well in the prison riot that occured (the 2 week lockdown in a cell with 2 other men as punishment was worse than the riot) without it and so did many other people. Sorry but this OG is going to have to go with the hype theory. In jail or in the ghetto it's more about the mind than the techniques. As long as you have that killer instinct you will survive prison and the ghetto very well. Not some jail house rock bull. Peace out!
    We're not gods. Not only are our powers limited, we are sometimes forced to become the devil himself.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhound
    I did time for a 2nd degree assualt with a deadly weapon and was housed with the violent criminals because of my violent crime (protected pregnant mother of my child, bad lawyer, now I am a father of 2 and a highly paid software engineer so even bad kids can grow up to be good adults if they try). That and 99% of my freinds and associates did a good amount of time there too. How come I have never heard of this. It must be a rather rare thing being that everyone I know including myself has spent time in the house of pain and never heard of it. It may exist but it is far from common and I don't think it's a matter of only teaching minorities they just don't teach country white boys. About the only thing we ever did was throw on the gloves and go for only body shots using boxing techniques. It is kind of like a ghetto past time. However this **** from the 40s has never crossed my well traveled eyes before. The fact that it is probably so **** old is the reason why I've never scene it. The only thing any of us had an interest in that was old was KF. I figure it is a waste of time being that every prisoner I met while there and not there didn't know it and I handled myself very well in the prison riot that occured (the 2 week lockdown in a cell with 2 other men as punishment was worse than the riot) without it and so did many other people. Sorry but this OG is going to have to go with the hype theory. In jail or in the ghetto it's more about the mind than the techniques. As long as you have that killer instinct you will survive prison and the ghetto very well. Not some jail house rock bull. Peace out!
    Were you in jail in NYC? You seem sceptical which I can understand since you've never seen JHR. Maybe it's mostly a NYC thing. I personally have seen it and know many of my CO (correction officer) friends have seen it. I know it to be real. Like I said before It's common knowledge in the 'hoods' in NYC. I was first exposed to it in the 70's. Fight would start and guys would say break the four. Whc\ich is a hand position used sometimes. I lived in ENY, Brownsville, Bed Stuy, and Ft. Greene. Anyone here from B'klyn know where these place are.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr