Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame

Martial arts hall of fame

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this comming up march 3 and 4th in N.Y.C
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Martial Arts Hall of Fame??

Can anyone give me some info on this. I received a letter that I am nominated to be inducted into the 2007 United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame.

Is this legite or can anyone be nominated whether or not they are a shifu, blackbelt, school owner, well known teacher, etc, etc. Any info would be appreciated.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

it is an organization. anyone can get in
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Stay away from it -- it's a load of crap.

All those "Halls of Fame" or "Sokeship Councils" or "Grandmasters Councils" are a scam and just an opportunity for the frauds of the martial arts world to come together and promote each other and congratulate each other on being frauds.

Thanks for the info.

I am still confused it is recognisd by inside kung fu mag and the guests are cung lee, george dillman, super foot wallace etc etc. these are well known adn well respected MA. why would they be invloved in a scam?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I am still confused it is recognisd by inside kung fu mag and the guests are cung lee, george dillman, super foot wallace etc etc. these are well known adn well respected MA. why would they be invloved in a scam?
    Wholly Crap!!! When the hell did George Dillman becom a respected MA!!

I didn't say it was a scam, but anyone can get in. from what I understand, someone nominates you - probably one of your students in your case. but you have to pay an induction fee and annual membership fees afterward - like most organizations.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Most of them basicly go through lists of schools and send you your "nomination". You have to accept by attending a banquet, where they over charge you big time for a rubber chicken dinner. Then you have to pay annual fees to stay in the "hall of fame"

They get big names like CUng Le but paying to fly them to a banquet and honoring them (they, unlike you, don't pay a dime), then they can advertise that "famous person X" is in their hall of fame
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Wholly Crap!!! When the hell did George Dillman becom a respected MA!!
    LOL, only in his own mind. Well that and maybe to his legion of overweight powder donut sniffing monkey's.

I know some questionable figures who get nominated for that EVERY year!

thanks guys i figured so however it is hosted by inside kung fu mag so I thought it was legit. although i have dedicated 26 years into learning and teaching the MA I dont feel worthy enough to be in a hall of fame...
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

i really can not believe that dillmon is in the hall of fame i just found that out .what kind of fools would believe him ..what is ma and this world comeing to iam loosing fath in people .knocking out people with his chi with out touching them and saying he trained bruce lee.. my god

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I know some questionable figures who get nominated for that EVERY year!
    HEY! I resemble that remark!

Hey TT--

You & the good Doctor have somthing in common (Hope thats all!)
    http://dragontigerkungfucenter.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiet Sow View Post
    First Chi Lin Pai, now this, wow, I guess some crap never goes away
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....