Thread: Good spearheads?

Good spearheads?

Anyone have an ide where to get a really good quality, large spearhead?

I've seen one in person, but I can't find it anywhere. It's a lot like this (http://www.wle.com/products/combatSpear.html) but better.

Sorry Gene, MAM didn't have what I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

You looking for combat steel or pretty steel?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Try a company called meuseum replicas. They should have a variety.

not to make any waves, but http://www.coldsteel.com/spears-high...ce-spears.html probably has the best stuff you're gonna get in the area of spears and spear heads. They make these things for boar hunting or real and frankly, that demands more quality than practice blades or chrome stuff.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

No sweat, JP, I hear you.

We don't have much call for high end spear heads, as much as I'd love to carry them. We had some beautiful samples in from a dragon well forge vendor a while back, but they were priced too high for our market. They were sold off in our lobby, where we let go of a lot of odd items - samples, imperfect gear, damaged gear, fixer-uppers. Someone bought it before I could and I regret letting them slip by me. That being said, I know that there are some nice heavy, tempered-steel spearheads coming out of China. I just don't know who is carrying them. As you know, I helped found WLE, but when I was working there, we weren't carrying those spearheads so I'm not sure about the maker. It maybe Lam Sifu himself, since it's well within his range of bar-stock removal methods. It says its struck with his makers mark, but that's just a die and he could strike anything with it. I don't recognize the make, but spearheads are not as distinct as swords. I've seen some European and African spearheads that could work for Chinese spears - some of the Euro stuff is quite nice. I've yet to be that impressed with the African stuff. So good heavy spearheads are definitely out there - in fact, they might be more available than any other weapon beyond staffs - but I don't have any resource for you. No matter what, if you want something of real quality, you'll probably wind up paying a real price.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Resurrection
    http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-054.html
    This looks like the same spearhead I had to leave behind in China. If it is, it's great. Really nice and heavy. I loved the feel of it.

MAM is bringing in some high-end product to see how it does

MAM has experimented with high-end traditional weapons before. Frankly, they don't move as well as the cheap wushu stuff. This is two-fold. One reason is the price - lower price = more sales. The other reason is that the traditional CMA community is shrinking so there just isn't as much of a market there nowadays.

Nevertheless, I'm trying to get more combat-worthy weapons in, but in small shipments so they don't take up too much space on our warehouse shelves. If you know retail, you know that anything that doesn't move is dead stock.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart