Thread: wu shu temple kung fu association?

Question wu shu temple kung fu association?

im thinking of joining a kung fu school in my area. (windsor, ontario canada) and there are two in town. one of them is called the wu shu temple kung fu assn.. anyone ever heard of this school or know where i might be able to see if it is a respectable school? it advertises northern shaolin 7 star praying mantis and chin na (southern i think? i cant remember right now..) i have experience in TKD and karate but i've always been intrigued by kung fu. i am hoping someone can help.

thanks.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Do you mean it teaches Northern Shaolin, Seven Star Praying Mantis and Chin Na?

Chin Na is not a style but 'seizing and locking' skills found in most kung fu styles.

Sounds like they might be ok just because they aren't advertising anything that doesn't make sense.

It will be the environment of the school and the teacher that makes the most difference, not the style. So, just go in and check it out and see if you like the teacher and any of the students you get to talk to.

Good luck and keep us posted when you have more information. (teacher's name, his teacher's name)
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

wu shen

i misspelled the name.. its actually wu shen temple. and i talked to the teacher on the phone this evening. he seems really nice and told me that they teach authentic traditional northern praying mantis kung fu with weapons and all the forms. he seemed to stress that the forms were the most important part. he told me that they do some competitions in ontario and some in michigan (as we are on the border) hopefully i can get in there in the next coupla days and try it out. im pretty excited to see how everything goes!

website

i found a website about the school i have been looking at. tell me what you think please.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab6/wushen/index.html

Talk to Lightnin and Cowboy over at Dragonslist. It's a good school. They've competed at Henry Chung's tournament in Midland MI.