Thread: smelly focus pads and gloves!!!

smelly focus pads and gloves!!!

Greetings all.

does any one else have this problem and if so how do they manage it. Apart from buying news ones, any hints on keeping equipment sweat smell free??

P

I am the only one to use my gloves. Yeah they have gotten sweaty before but the smell isn't that pungent or anything.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

regular useage of lysol helps.

you can also dilute bleach and use it regularly. 10/1 water/bleach

if you have never ever treated the equipment before then you are probably f'd.

strike!

You can put powder in them too. the smell comes from gas released from bacteria, and the bacteria need a moist environment to survive. dry out your gear

Get some ethanol put it in a spray dispenser give the inside of your gloves a quick spray then unlace them, open em up and dry thoroughly. That'll help kill of some bacteria... though I imagine what someone else suggested with the bleach could work even better. Both of these are methods u should do regularly from when u buy the gloves/pads as it'll prevent the bacterial culture from forming in the first place. If it has already reached the pungent stage ou might kill the bacteria but still be stuck with the smell so adding some strong scented essential oil like lavender might do the trick. It'll also add a certain mysterious seductive aroma to your uppercuts...
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

This has by far been the most useful thread i've read to date.

Stop the flame....
    "...When I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me..."
    Deuteronomy 32:41

Quote Originally Posted by anton
    It'll also add a certain mysterious seductive aroma to your uppercuts...
    Rotflmfao!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.