Thread: CLF Master Chen Chang Mian

CLF Master Chen Chang Mian

Hi, can anyone give me some info on this CLF master? Apparently he works with the Chinese Wushu Federation, and the secretary of our local SAWF told me that he might come to SA on official IWuF and CWF work. Obviously, as we are CLf players I would love to get the chance to meet some senior masters, and maybe if they will allow it, also steal a few training sessions. Nothing is confirmed yet, but i am eager and curious to find out who this master is. I do appologise, I am not familiar with most of the senior masters.

any info would help. thanks
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Eddie:

Could it possibly be Chan Kin Man? He is the son of Chan Hon Hung and I believe he has affiliations with the Chinese Government.

If not I haven't heard of him.

could be, the name they quoted is in mandarin so it could very well be. think i also miss spelled it, should be chen instead of chan, and that would then make more sense.
    thanks clfnole.
    得 心 應 手

Chen Chang Mian looks like a Mandarin pinyin. Cantonese version would be something like: Chan Cheung Min.

I got this name: 陈昌绵 from http://www.choyleefut.com.cn/chinese/About/index1.htm

Chan Cheung Mien

Chan Cheung Mien would be quite advanced in years, he was the head coach of the Guangdong Wushu Professional Team. In his younger years he did a variety of Southern Styles including Choy Lee Fut. When the modern Wushu started take shape and provincial teams were set up, he was made head coach of the Guangdong Wushu Professional Team.

I understand he retired from the team a few years back and like many persons of senior position he is working in administrative type work for the Government.

Hope this helps a bit.

Blog Entries

Does This Help

Here Is A Picture Of Chan Kin Man, Son Of Chan Heung Hong Of The Hung Sing (strong Victory) and my sifu is on the right.

Pls Check Out The Attachment...
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 01-20-2006 at 08:35 AM.

hi guys, thanks for the info. Firepalm is right, i found out that this is the master they refered to. i will keep you all posted on info soon. Its something the SAWF will be hosting, Its just a bonus that the master is a CLF player too.
    得 心 應 手