Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello...just going to introduce myself[geeky right]

There have been moments but I generally do want to go back to Canada some day. Mind you when I do I'll probably settle in a Chinatown in either Vancouver or T-Dot...
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    How long am I going to be in China? I don't know. Realistically I will have to be here for an additional 18 months before I can really afford the airfare home. However I am also in love and if my relationship with Eileen works out as I hope than there will be three additional questions:

1: Will Eileen want to move to Canada?
    2: Assuming she was willing to do so when would Eileen want to move to Canada?
    3: Assuming she wants to move to Canada and assuming we have reached the time she wants to, with Eileen and I both working as of next September (when her job starts), how long would it take us to develop the revenue necessary for her to emigrate and for me to move back to Canada?
    Good luck with your love life in China. How did you meet Eileen? Let me guess.

A gang of gangsters had her cornered and you happen to be there at the right place at the right time? sure they had the usual knives and clubs like most gangsters do but you sent them pecking with their tails between their legs.

No actually she showed up with a friend of hers on my doorstep one day. A week later the three of us went out for a trip in the country and I stopped her from slipping off a mountain path at night. Then there were months of uncertainty and not-quite-just-friends-but-not-more-than-friends madness.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Welcome young shaolin warrior.

Training alone at home is how a lot of start out...and where many of us wind up!

Good luck!

No actually she showed up with a friend of hers on my doorstep one day. A week later the three of us went out for a trip in the country and I stopped her from slipping off a mountain path at night. Then there were months of uncertainty and not-quite-just-friends-but-not-more-than-friends madness.
    Well it wasn't your kung fu that saved her life, but you saved her in any case. that makes you her hero

But now there is certainty right - which is good. Yes Canada is a nice place. Have you asked her yet?

No.

With Chinese / Westerner relationships it's best not to rush things. One hurdle at a time. Parental acceptance will probably be the next big one. Figuring out where to live comes much later.
    Simon McNeil

No.

With Chinese / Westerner relationships it's best not to rush things. One hurdle at a time. Parental acceptance will probably be the next big one. Figuring out where to live comes much later.
    That's actually a good way to build on a relationship because in the end it takes time to get to know someone. Having said that I read one of your other posts - seem you know Eileen for quite some time.

How long do you intend to stay in China? Did you go there specifically to do martial arts?

Since early October. And I've been smitten with her ever since. I came to China to work; I'm an ESL teacher by trade. As for how long I will stay? I don't know. Somewhere between 2 and 4 years is likely.
    Simon McNeil

Since early October. And I've been smitten with her ever since. I came to China to work; I'm an ESL teacher by trade. As for how long I will stay? I don't know. Somewhere between 2 and 4 years is likely.
    Great! you've got plenty of time. Or you can take her hand and whisk her away to Canada

LOL

Her mother might not be very crazy about that risk.
    Simon McNeil

LOL

Her mother might not be very crazy about that risk.
    Would be mother inlaws are like that. Main thing is to focus on your girl friend. Buy her flowers - preferably roses, chocolates, candle lite dinners, walk in the park.

Oh yes, of course, get some of your kung fu buddies say 5 of them to pretend to be some street gang who give you and your g/f trouble at the park. You basically deal with them without much trouble.

That will convince her mother that you're a hero and can take care of her precious little daughter.

Just DON'T let them catch you having dinner with those friends of yours -otherwise you'll be in big trouble

LOL

Most of my Kung Fu Buddies are either students at the same university as her... or teachers!
    Simon McNeil