Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cung Le doing MMA?

what event is this "march fight" ?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Strikeforce

Strikeforce is this Friday (3/10/6). I'm going. Anyone else going to be there?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I can't wait to see how Cung Le does in his first MMA fight. I absolutely love to watch him do San Shou. Hopefully he can transition well. I think there are very few (if any) people who can beat him standing up in the UFC, but if he hasn't learned some advanced grappling he'll be lost.

I doubt he tries the scissor takedown. It's low percentage enough without the only advantage being that it might set you up for even more low percentage move. In all likely hood, you'll just end up in a scamble for position with a 50/50 shot of winning. If any of his signature moves come under display, it'll be the suplex, imo.

BTW, he's fighting somebody he already beat in San Shou...

It's not a low percenage move for Kung Le, though; it's his bread and butter. too bad it's not pay-per-veiw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

No running with scissors...

I'm told it will be broadcast somewhere, somewhen, but I don't know the details. Here's my fight rap - the short version. The Cung Le signature move was that he just kicked the crap out of Altman. Cung's kicking skill is awesome.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2013

There are plenty of Cung threads here, but I chose this one to post this.

September 20, 2013 3:30 PM
    Cung Le to Serve a Dana White Type Role on The Ultimate Fighter: China

With news that The Ultimate Fighter: China will serve as the next international edition of the series, UFC president Dana White has revealed that UFC middleweight Cung Le will take his role on the show.

While no timeline has been revealed for the show, White is unsure whether Cung Le will appear on any episodes, but he is there to remind the fighters why they are in the house and act as a mentor.

Like all the previous seasons of the show, two fighters will coach the teams. The coaches have yet to be announced.

“TUF China is happening,” White said. “(Cung Le) is going to be the ‘me' in China. He's there to remind everyone why they're there and what's going on. He was in the office two days ago and I walked him through everything with The Ultimate Fighter and he's ready to go.”

With TUF: Australia vs. Canada currently in the tryouts stage, White also revealed that a series in Mexico is in the works, with Cain Velasquez sure to take some part in the production.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips